Joseph in the Gap

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Joseph in the Gap

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Mormon Discussions Inc. wrote:
Mormonism LIVE ! 029: Another One Bites the Dust

We sit down with Taylor Drake to talk about his new book, "Joseph in the Gap", and how this book has led to a disciplinary council with his Stake President on June 30th.
Me thinks this book agrees with me new found beliefs. 8-)

He gives 3 answers too if Joseph is or was a prophet.

Has anyone read it?

Lynn
captain of 100

Re: Joseph in the Gap

Post by Lynn »

More details?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lynn wrote: August 17th, 2021, 9:16 pmMore details?
https://youtu.be/LGIGMbDH0Qg?t=1500 is the midst of the discussion about the restoration of the Melchizedek Priesthood, and how Brigham was never ordained as a High Priest. Lyman Wight and stuff about 1838 ... the video is really good too, and me book will soon be on the way to me most peculiar of addresses ever. I'm surprised you haven't already read it. :P

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The Fait of the Persecutors
of the Prophet Joseph Smith
was my last great read about him,
and this one looks to be even better.

dbnp :mrgreen: The video, is well worth your time to watch it.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Currently, I am reading ... let me count ... at least 10- minimum of 5 on Jesus in his early life in Egypt & the Far East/ 'Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad' volume 1 of 2 (Eckankarr's Bible) / one on the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe (Sherrie Leard)/ 1 on Atlantis that came out in the 1890s/ Lance Richardson's (LDS) NDE & the companion from his family after he finally passed on for the final time.
Plus two videos on Jesus in Egypt & India. Two copies (not sure if they are the same with different titles or if one is a revised copy) coming in soon, on Jesus & the Holy Family's sojourn in Egypt. And two more videos on Stan Tenen's research on the Base 3 system in Genesis (Torah), as well as the Hebrew Alphabet as hand gestures, in along with the conclusions of Tony Bushby in 'Secrets of the Bible' of which parallel.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lynn wrote: August 17th, 2021, 10:47 pm Currently, I am reading ... let me count ... at least 10- minimum of 5 on Jesus in his early life in Egypt & the Far East/ 'Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad' volume 1 of 2 (Eckankarr's Bible) / one on the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe (Sherrie Leard)/ 1 on Atlantis that came out in the 1890s/ Lance Richardson's (LDS) NDE & the companion from his family after he finally passed on for the final time.
Plus two videos on Jesus in Egypt & India. Two copies (not sure if they are the same with different titles or if one is a revised copy) coming in soon, on Jesus & the Holy Family's sojourn in Egypt. And two more videos on Stan Tenen's research on the Base 3 system in Genesis (Torah), as well as the Hebrew Alphabet as hand gestures, in along with the conclusions of Tony Bushby in 'Secrets of the Bible' of which parallel.
All great books, but how actionable are they? :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Joseph in the Gap, looks like me answer to questions about the veracity of the JST as may be explored via: search.php?keywords=JSTii

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

I fit somewhere between the Church as it is and this guest. I don't know what to think when he gets, IMHO, some big things wrong though such as JS's purported polygamy, seemingly not understanding the fullness of the Gospel, etc. He also had a brain fart or didn't know enough to better answer the question about the Endtime restoration of all things. How good then is his research and understanding? But he did get it right saying it was all about Jesus.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Noted: All great books, but how actionable are they?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I guess it depends on certain angles. For instance Paul Perry in his research video of when Jesus & his family had to flee to Egypt, I did not realize that the King (who had issued the death edict of young lads) had sent an army to pursue them. They were on the run for quite awhile it seems. They left a unique trail. I am waiting on the companion book or books to come in.

Several new books concerning Jesus in India (before & after his 3 year ordeal) in Israel are most interesting. One notes a few other books that mention it from years ago. And then, several investigated Notovich's findings, & it seems they could not find the texts. But then one set out to prove Notovitch may have pulled one over on us, but then finds the very manuscript, so he could only verify exactly that Notovich told the truth. Another states that there are several Hindu yogis over the years that make very high mention of Jesus, as one with them. And that the current Hindu polytheism is not the original Brahmic teaching & understandings.

Then it seems, I somehow have a knack for pronouncing many words & terms in Eckankar. I see many parallels.

Most intriguing, as to a singer (Sherrie Laird) up in Canada, who was Marilyn Monroe. If we don't solve issues in this life, sooner or later in another life, we will have to.

I already finished the first book, 'The Message' of Lance Richardson (his NDE), and am into the second one (Two-in-1) 'From Our Side' from his widow & children. About to hear what her second husband has to say.

The Atlantean one, is an unusual one. It was received by a Frederick Oliver just before the turn of the century (around 1890), but it was not of his past, but another one. And about 20 years ago, as I shared some in the Academy posts about the book & the person who put it in print, I was contacted by descendants of Frederick Oliver wanting more information. And shortly after, I was contacted by email by an individual who noted they had been Olver. So I decided, it was finally time that I read it fully (instead of pieces here & there). It has a dual title- 'A Dweller on Two Planets, or a Dividing of the Way' by Phylos the Thibetan (which seems to be the old spelling of Tibetan). And most interesting, is a description of the Magical Glasses (what we term the Urim & Thummim) and how it operates.

And recently I watched an old video by Stan Tenen & his research. It was a sharing (his first public one) of he & his Meru Foundation's finding. It seems he finally compiled a lot of the data into a book. Plus I found two other DVDs of his shares. And then realized some items in Bushby's book, were comparable to Stan's findings.

That's just a few notes.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

This video is very lightweight.
To be honest, I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
An example: he makes a big deal about some conference in which the church was named the Church of the Latter Day Saints. He claims this is evidence of the Lord taking his name off, and out of, the church. Clearly it wasn't the Lord doing it, it was Sidney Rigdon and the conference delegates. Remember, Sidney had been a minister in another church called the Church of Christ, so was probably fed up of all the confusion, let alone the legal implications.
But when it is pointed out to this guy that the name of the Lord was restored to the church, by revelation no less! (ie. Rigdon was overuled by the Lord himself) he brushes it off as not important.
Like all of the others who write a book and make a big deal about their "forthcoming disciplinary action" and court publicity in order to drive book sales, he doesn't really know a great deal about anything. He's full of hot air and bovine waste material.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Robin Hood wrote: August 19th, 2021, 3:22 am This video is very lightweight.
An example: he makes a big deal about some conference in which the church was named the Church of the Latter Day Saints. He claims this is evidence of the Lord taking his name off, and out of, the church. Clearly it wasn't the Lord doing it, it was Sidney Rigdon and the conference delegates. Remember, Sidney had been a minister in another church called the Church of Christ, so was probably fed up of all the confusion, let alone the legal implications.
But when it is pointed out to this guy that the name of the Lord was restored to the church, by revelation no less! (ie. Rigdon was overuled by the Lord himself) he brushes it off as not important.
Like all of the others who write a book and make a big deal about their "forthcoming disciplinary action", he doesn't really know a great deal about anything. He's full of hot air and bovine waste material.
Yeah all the outrage and the critical judgements they express about their the disciplinary actions are so ostentatious and disingenuous. Honestly what's the point of staying when he believes what he does? Normal people walk away. Attention seekers turn it into a parade. All three of them seem a bit smug and self-righteous IMO. I guess they have found their new religion.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Like all of the others who write a book and make a big deal about their "forthcoming disciplinary action" and court publicity in order to drive book sales, he doesn't really know a great deal about anything. He's full of hot air and bovine waste material.
dbnp :mrgreen: Thank you just overlord, for your benevolent action allowing me reply. :P
BeNotDeceived wrote: August 19th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 19th, 2021, 8:16 pm I guess I live here now.
I was wondering what became of you. :?

BTW peruse means to thoroughly read, not quickly scan something, although in this case, that may be sufficient. It’s something I learned from a video where the author of Joseph in the Gap relates how his SP incorrectly stated that he’d perused his book.

Was posted in another thread, but today Brother Walker pulled out his huge book about words, and we discovered there are actually two definitions. Somehow me thread got moved to the heretic sub-forum, where I'm not a member, so posting here will have to suffice, while waiting a resolution from TPTB.

Some people just can't handle the truth.
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to mark this momentous occasion of Mike being sent to z realm of z dark lords. This thread too, was deemed heretical, and for a time I couldn’t post in me own thread.

Mysteriously now it became possible to post me update above. Non heretics are welcome to create or post in OD, or elsewhere, as they’re prevented from posting here. Me thinks this forum was created to shield heretics from the brutal onslaught of the TBMs, but alas it’s time to move on from all of that, as much as we are able, under the control of our just overlord.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 19th, 2021, 10:42 pm
dbnp :mrgreen: Thank you just overlord, for your benevolent action allowing me reply. :P
BeNotDeceived wrote: August 19th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 19th, 2021, 8:16 pm I guess I live here now.
I was wondering what became of you. :?

BTW peruse means to thoroughly read, not quickly scan something, although in this case, that may be sufficient. It’s something I learned from a video where the author of Joseph in the Gap relates how his SP incorrectly stated that he’d perused his book.

Was posted in another thread, but today Brother Walker pulled out his huge book about words, and we discovered there are actually two definitions. Somehow me thread got moved to the heretic sub-forum, where I'm not a member, so posting here will have to suffice, while waiting a resolution from TPTB.

Some people just can't handle the truth.
Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to mark this momentous occasion of Mike being sent to z realm of z dark lords. This thread too, was deemed heretical, and for a time I couldn’t post in me own thread.

Mysteriously now it became possible to post me update above. Non heretics are welcome to create or post in OD, or elsewhere, as they’re prevented from posting here. Me thinks this forum was created to shield heretics from the brutal onslaught of the TBMs, but alas it’s time to move on from all of that, as much as we are able, under the control of our just overlord.
IMO that video seems more at home in the heretic sub-forum. But I suppose that it is open for interpretation/debate. But just to be clear it was I who suggested moving this discussion to here.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

I also have to say, that a good microcosm of their discussion on that podcast was the frivolous and incorrect indictment of the SP's usage of the word "peruse". In the dictionary the second definition is, "to scan or browse". What's more is that in my own experience, however limited that may be (46 years), I have only ever heard the word peruse used colloquially as meaning to scan or browse.

IMO all three of them had sticks of varying sizes up their rears.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

I think this video is fitting here

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Ih0x3lCddx4[/youtube]

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 17th, 2021, 9:30 pm https://youtu.be/LGIGMbDH0Qg?t=1500 is the midst of the discussion about the restoration of the Melchizedek Priesthood, and how Brigham was never ordained as a High Priest. Lyman Wight and stuff about 1838
About the Isaac Morley farm event?

Also, BY was ordained a High Priest. But not until after Joseph's death. It was most likely by Uncle John Smith

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

To be fair, because the Saints failed to build up Zion, they were placed under condemnation and the name of Christ was taken from the Church. They weren't His people ("if ye are not one ye are not mine") and hence it was the Church of them rather than the Church of Christ

This is why Joseph prays thus:
  • D&C 109
    78 O hear, O hear, O hear us, O Lord! And answer these petitions, and accept the dedication of this house unto thee, the work of our hands, which we have built unto thy name;
    79 And also this church, to put upon it thy name. And help us by the power of thy Spirit, that we may mingle our voices with those bright, shining seraphs around thy throne, with acclamations of praise, singing Hosanna to God and the Lamb!
"The Church of Christ" was always supposed to be the name of the Church. Nothing else

The Lord then gives them the name "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" as a second chance to redeem themselves and it was an epic fail. Ever since we have been wandering

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Luke wrote: August 21st, 2021, 12:04 am
To be fair, because the Saints failed to build up Zion, they were placed under condemnation and the name of Christ was taken from the Church. They weren't His people ("if ye are not one ye are not mine") and hence it was the Church of them rather than the Church of Christ

• D&C 109
    78 O hear, O hear, O hear us, O Lord! And answer these petitions, and accept the dedication of this house unto thee, the work of our hands, which we have built unto thy name;
    79 And also this church, to put upon it thy name. And help us by the power of thy Spirit, that we may mingle our voices with those bright, shining seraphs around thy throne, with acclamations of praise, singing Hosanna to God and the Lamb!
"The Church of Christ" was always supposed to be the name of the Church. Nothing else

The Lord then gives them the name "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" as a second chance to redeem themselves and it was an epic fail. Ever since we have been wandering
The "Church of Christ" doesn't cut it either, as "Christ" is a title and not a name.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Robin Hood wrote: August 21st, 2021, 1:44 am

• D&C 109

The "Church of Christ" doesn't cut it either, as "Christ" is a title and not a name.
So why does Jesus tell them to call themselves that in the Book of Mormon?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Luke wrote: August 21st, 2021, 9:41 am
Robin Hood wrote: August 21st, 2021, 1:44 am

• D&C 109

So why does Jesus tell them to call themselves that in the Book of Mormon?
In this case, the unambiguous title of the Anointed One is apparently enough, as the BoM demonstrates.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://ironrodpodcast.com/podcast/iron ... n-the-gap/

My book still hasn’t shipped, but there’s the back cover and another podcast that does a better job of explaining the title. He outlined it in one sitting and used a mind map .. then took years to flesh it out ... the Lord’s Timetable ...

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

I think the view of these 3 is more genuine and, if I had to choose between the two, more accurate than the Joseph in the Gap bloke (whose stated version of things have already been left wanting, and well just see above rather than rehashing it).

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

He’s had a decent podcast going for some time.
www.ironrodpodcast.com

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ransomme wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 7:32 am I think the view of these 3 is more genuine and, if I had to choose between the two, more accurate than the Joseph in the Gap bloke (whose stated version of things have already been left wanting, and well just see above rather than rehashing it).

U5MzZciamp4
https://youtu.be/U5MzZciamp4?t=1567 gets to the crux of the matter.

The deception continues to crumble. ;)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The Centerline Symbol within 57, GBNG timing of the 5.7 EQ, along with the fact ...

search.php?keywords=37ii also works and link will soon show how, from Z book.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

37ii Joseph in the Gap JSTii

Post by BeNotDeceived »

My book just showed up in the mail, and one of the first quotes is JST Matthew 1:37.

Apparently the author feels that at least some of the JST is legit. :P

The post above shows how 57 merged, creates a center line symbol, and 37 could do likewise.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

There's a quick 5:57 review
and search.php?keywords=taylor+drake shows some quotes from the book.

Granted the interview wasn't the authors best showing. However, his book is well researched and sourced throughout, but tells the things that have mostly fallen out of the official narrative. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through it, and am excited to see what lays ahead.