First Presidency Urges Saints to Wear Masks and Take the Vaccine

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: First Presidency Urges Saints to Wear Masks and Take the Vaccine

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

tribrac wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:27 pm Did they happen to tell us which of the 3 vaccines we should choose?

Seems pretty important distinction to me.
If the goal was to make you healthy maybe...

They don’t care.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Cruiserdude wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:14 pm “When ‘Mormonism’ finds favor with the wicked in this land, it will have gone into the shade; but until the power of the Priesthood is gone, ‘Mormonism’ will never become popular with the wicked.” (Brigham Young, JD 4:38, 31 August 1856)

“And when the spirit of persecution, the spirit of hatred, of wrath, and malice ceases in the world against this people, it will be the time that this people have apostatized and joined hands with the wicked, and never until then; which I pray may never come.” (Brigham Young, JD 4:326-327, 31 May 1857)
So if what he says is true, the power of the priesthood is now gone, and we, as a church, have apostatized. Might be the first time I've agreed with BY.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Gazelem wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:20 pm
Cruiserdude wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:14 pm “When ‘Mormonism’ finds favor with the wicked in this land, it will have gone into the shade; but until the power of the Priesthood is gone, ‘Mormonism’ will never become popular with the wicked.” (Brigham Young, JD 4:38, 31 August 1856)

“And when the spirit of persecution, the spirit of hatred, of wrath, and malice ceases in the world against this people, it will be the time that this people have apostatized and joined hands with the wicked, and never until then; which I pray may never come.” (Brigham Young, JD 4:326-327, 31 May 1857)
Wow, we can give Brother Brigham credit where credit is due.
Yep, it's not so much about Brigham(though he sure did nail it in these quotes) but about the eternal principle taught in his message. Christ Himself taught the very same principle,
He even talks of it in His intercessory prayer. The true Saints will NEVER be celebrated by the world. The world DESPISES our Lord and His true saints. We HAVE to stay true to our Lord and King and to none other.

nightowl
captain of 100

Post by nightowl »

Really puts a strain on my faith tbh. I really hate they are taking this stance.

crabman
captain of 100

Post by crabman »

Are they paying attention to any sources besides KSL and the Deseret News?

These vaccines are failing! A vaccine that works doesn't require booster shots after a few months. A vaccine that works will cause your body to kill the virus, not continue spreading it.

Masks do NOTHING against this thing. Everywhere they've been mandated never saw even a tiny change in rates. But let's not let the truth conflict with what the Goverment is preaching.

You wouldn't expect the church to encourage taking the mark of the beast, but that's where we're headed.

HisWrathSoon
captain of 100

Post by HisWrathSoon »

BLATANT IN OUR FACE FOR THOSE WHO ARE YEARS BEHIND THE CURVE. This is not about them not discerning. It is about willfully aligning with evil and Christ allowing evil to rise to the top of His Church.

Destroyer
captain of 100

Post by Destroyer »

Trucker wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:26 pm
Destroyer wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:19 pm
TrueFaith wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:14 pm Is the prophet counseling us to follow Jesus Christ?

No:

"We can win this war if everyone will follow the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders”

I mean...seriously...what else do you need to see to realize that Russel M Nelson isn't following Christ? HE. JUST. TOLD. US.
So thankful for all the wisdom of man...

Isaiah 29

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
Read the previous chapter and tell me what you think is going on.
I've read it and reread it over and over. It's very clear.

Isaiah 28

7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

My reference to chapter 29 was mocking the hubris of man in thinking he's wise.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Destroyer wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:35 pm
TrueFaith wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:14 pm Is the prophet counseling us to follow Jesus Christ?

No:

"We can win this war if everyone will follow the wise and thoughtful recommendations of medical experts and government leaders”

I mean...seriously...what else do you need to see to realize that Russel M Nelson isn't following Christ? HE. JUST. TOLD. US.

Isaiah 29

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Isaiah 28

7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.

8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

14 Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Trucker wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:37 pm

Isaiah 29

Isaiah 28

14 Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

15 Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

HisWrathSoon
captain of 100

Post by HisWrathSoon »

nvr wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:24 pm We have to get our own personal revelation, as Pres. Nelson counsels, to know whether they're speaking inspired counsel or not. As Joseph Smith taught,
A Prophet is not always a Prophet only when he is acting as such.
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper ... h-1843/178

Given the doubtless intense pressure the first presidency and quorum are receiving from the church's legal team / PR department, in addition to the entangling alliances our church has with various international groups who are all lock-step on this issue, I think this is another instance of them speaking men instead of as prophets & apostles.

The dissenting opinion from numerous doctors seem to suggest masks do nothing for viruses and that the gene therapy injection may actually be making things worse.
We should never follow a course of action based merely on a majority consensus - it only takes one dissenting voice for all these arguments from every other source to be proven a waste of breath.

Everyone's entitled to receive their own personal confirmation.
Bull. The 15 tell Kirton & McConkie what to do and pay them big bucks.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:38 pm
Trucker wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:37 pm

Isaiah 28

18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
and the footnote refers to the scourge referenced in DC45 which at the time of DC 45 had not come yet, so this is a modern scourge.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev’ry change he faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav’nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

nvr wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:24 pm We have to get our own personal revelation, as Pres. Nelson counsels, to know whether they're speaking inspired counsel or not. As Joseph Smith taught,
The issue here isn’t whether he is speaking as a prophet or not, it’s that he is willingly and intentionally misleading people.

We don’t have to wonder “when” he speaks for God, he never has and never will.

HisWrathSoon
captain of 100

Post by HisWrathSoon »

Why don't members protest?

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

HisWrathSoon wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:43 pm Why don't members protest?
Because most agree with them. This forum is not representative of the membership at large.

HisWrathSoon
captain of 100

Post by HisWrathSoon »

I was bugged the day Nelson was promoted. First prophet I've ever seen with a huge grin on his face sitting on the edge of his seat enjoying the praise of the world worshiping him.

Gazelem
captain of 100

Post by Gazelem »

Cruiserdude wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:30 pm
Gazelem wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:20 pm

Wow, we can give Brother Brigham credit where credit is due.
Yep, it's not so much about Brigham(though he sure did nail it in these quotes) but about the eternal principle taught in his message. Christ Himself taught the very same principle,
He even talks of it in His intercessory prayer. The true Saints will NEVER be celebrated by the world. The world DESPISES our Lord and His true saints. We HAVE to stay true to our Lord and King and to none other.
I agree with you on all those accounts. Thank you for adding that.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Haven't you heard? Brigham Young was cancelled.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

nightowl wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:32 pm Really puts a strain on my faith tbh. I really hate they are taking this stance.
They're not perfect.
It can be easy to, after receiving the royal treatment for so many years from so many accommodating assistants and capable mid-level leaders (who likely are aspiring for the same treatment someday), assume they can add the stamp of their high office below any of their personal convictions or opinions.

The membership of the church ought to recognize that not every word they write or utter should be considered divinely-inspired.

We made a mistake in elevating them to this point. They have responsibility to be careful they don't abuse the lofty position of their office and transform popular politically-inspired viewpoints into quasi-doctrines.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I too prayed two days ago to find out if I was wrong about the vax. I have not been told I'm wrong to stay away from it. So, I will but the pressures are building on all sides (within family, at job(s), at church (leaders and friends), at stores, neighbors, co-workers that I trusted as conservative, etc...) what a lobbying effort all around. I hope the statements above that it will soon come to an end will be true. But, I'm not sure.

FreedomJess
captain of 100

Post by FreedomJess »

franklinbluth wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:44 pm
HisWrathSoon wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:43 pm Why don't members protest?
Because most agree with them. This forum is not representative of the membership at large.
Yes.
And the ones that don’t agree and keep their feelings to themselves, belong to The Church of the Brethrenites. And they fear getting kicked out. Because “Follow the Prophet”.... or else.
Mind f-ing.
That’s what this is.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

I don't think that masks do anything, so if they say that church isn't safe unless we wear a mask, then to me it's not safe to go at all. I might be staying home until the delta calms down a bit. I'm going to get the moderna vax today or tomorrow (I was planning this before the 1st presidency statement). God speed men!

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

HisWrathSoon wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:39 pm

Given the doubtless intense pressure the first presidency and quorum are receiving from the church's legal team / PR department, in addition to the entangling alliances our church has with various international groups who are all lock-step on this issue, I think this is another instance of them speaking men instead of as prophets & apostles.

The dissenting opinion from numerous doctors seem to suggest masks do nothing for viruses and that the gene therapy injection may actually be making things worse.
We should never follow a course of action based merely on a majority consensus - it only takes one dissenting voice for all these arguments from every other source to be proven a waste of breath.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. This is the best-case scenario I can come up with. Hubris may have something to do with it.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

nvr wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:52 pm
HisWrathSoon wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:39 pm

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. This is the best-case scenario I can come up with. Hubris may have something to do with it.
Why isn't "we simply disagree" immediately higher on people's lists? Why does everyone jump straight to "Everyone who disagrees with me is doing so for evil reasons." I mean, at this point, you know that most doctors and most people generally agree with what they're saying, right? Why is it so hard to think that they're in the majority of people who've looked at it and simply came to a different conclusion than you did?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

tribrac wrote: August 12th, 2021, 2:23 pm I siad TPTB would stop at nothing until we were all injected.
You did