Forum Issues

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Forum Issues

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Not sure if there’s already a thread for problems people have encountered so here’s this one.

I would upload a screenshot of my issue, but that’s the issue lol. Every time I try to add an attachment I get this notice:
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
The files are proper size, but it won’t let me upload on mobile or desktop. Is there a limit to how many attachments can be added from a single account? Anyone else run into this?

Thanks.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Forum Issues

Post by Cruiserdude »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 12th, 2021, 11:56 am Not sure if there’s already a thread for problems people have encountered so here’s this one.

I would upload a screenshot of my issue, but that’s the issue lol. Every time I try to add an attachment I get this notice:
The files are proper size, but it won’t let me upload on mobile or desktop. Is there a limit to how many attachments can be added from a single account? Anyone else run into this?

Thanks.
Me too, I thought it was just on my end and so I forgot to look further into it...

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Cruiserdude wrote: July 12th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 12th, 2021, 11:56 am Not sure if there’s already a thread for problems people have encountered so here’s this one.

Thanks.
Me too, I thought it was just on my end and so I forgot to look further into it...
I needa share my pictures 😤

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Thanks.
Brian has a limit on how much storage space he is willing to devote to images on his site. A dedicated server is cheap and would give him a lot more space available, if he does not have that already.

You can still share images. They just have to be hosted somewhere else. Any web address will do. Then you just post the url of the image and surround it with the image tags. Save your images to somewhere on the web and you are all set.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Fred wrote: July 12th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Thanks.
Brian has a limit on how much storage space he is willing to devote to images on his site. A dedicated server is cheap and would give him a lot more space available, if he does not have that already.

You can still share images. They just have to be hosted somewhere else. Any web address will do. Then you just post the url of the image and surround it with the image tags. Save your images to somewhere on the web and you are all set.
Awesome thanks.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Thanks.
Try it now.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

https://postimages.org/ is another good one. quick and simple to use, and it gives you the helpful option of resizing the pic too, so it doesn't come out too small to see, or obscenely large taking up the whole screen. The medium-smallish option it gives (I think its like 320 x 240 size) for most intents and purposes seems the ideal size for most images on LDSFF.

And embedding from there is super easy. It gives you a list of different type of links to copy-paste. The best one for LDSFF is the second one down, titled "Direct Link", which you simply place inside the [img] brackets, and you're good to go.