"Where's your God now?"

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "Where's your God now?"

Post by Sarah »

TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:27 am
Sarah wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:23 am
TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:15 am
markharr wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:12 am

It wasn't just the Nephites that protected them. It was the children of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. One of the most mighty, and yet righteous and humble armies that have even marched into battle.

The Nephites would have fallen themselves without them.

If you want war, I am certain that there will be plenty of opportunities for you to participate in it in the near future. You might want to do some self-reflection and make sure you are spiritually prepared for it first. I know I am not.
YES! The Stripling Warriors were extremely successful in combat.

But wait, you said the sons of Helaman were under Mosaic Law?? Which is it now? Is war justified or not? You can't get your story straight it seems.

And I agree. You are not spiritually prepared. Please stop being such a wimp. Grow up and grow a pair. Admitting you are weak doesn't make you look more noble at all. And if you say you are not spiritually prepared, please stop trying to pretend you understand the scriptures here.
You're certainly not earning any respect by constantly calling him weak, a wimp, prideful etc. Where's the moderator? I've never seen so many personal attacks in a string of a dozen posts.
:)

Hi Sarah. How do you feel about standing up and fighting for our freedoms?
What does it matter if you are just going to name call and tell whomever disagrees with you to grow a pair.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Sarah wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:31 am
TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:15 am

YES! The Stripling Warriors were extremely successful in combat.

But wait, you said the sons of Helaman were under Mosaic Law?? Which is it now? Is war justified or not? You can't get your story straight it seems.

And I agree. You are not spiritually prepared. Please stop being such a wimp. Grow up and grow a pair. Admitting you are weak doesn't make you look more noble at all. And if you say you are not spiritually prepared, please stop trying to pretend you understand the scriptures here.
You're certainly not earning any respect by constantly calling him weak, a wimp, prideful etc. Where's the moderator? I've never seen so many personal attacks in a string of a dozen posts.

What does it matter if you are just going to name call and tell whomever disagrees with you to grow a pair.
I'm just curious, I've always liked your perspective. I won't call you any names, I promise. We love you!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I don't know if this makes me not as good as a Christian..... But you can spit on me, call me names, and even slap me........ But if you come at me and try to cause serious harm (with a rock ect) .....I will meet you with violence

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:01 am
Vision wrote: August 9th, 2021, 7:58 am 3 Nephi 6:14 where the abridgment says this- 14 And thus there became a great inequality in all the land, insomuch that the church began to be broken up; yea, insomuch that in the thirtieth year the church was broken up in all the land save it were among a few of the Lamanites who were converted unto the true faith; and they would not depart from it, for they were firm, and steadfast, and immovable, willing with all diligence to keep the commandments of the Lord.

The bold, italics, and underlined is referencing the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's. So if you want to be described as being converted to the "true" faith you will bury your weapons of war.

I believe we are living in the times described in 3 Nephi 6 verse's 10-14 especially verse 14 when the church is breaking up.
The truth faith they were converted to INCLUDES them begging for the Nephites to protect them with their armies. You STILL need weapons of war and armies to defend the "true faith". Or do you believe that Alma was a false prophet who set his armies over the Anti Nephi Lehis?

"And now behold, this will we do unto our brethren, that they may inherit the land Jershon; and we will guard them from their enemies with our armies, on condition that they will give us a portion of their substance to assist us that we may maintain our armies."
Alma 27:24

The Anti Nephi Lehis merely had other people die for them in battle. Their vow to not commit violence, in reality was no vow at all, because they had others do it. Its like refusing to work on Sunday, but then going out to eat and paying someone else to work for you. Still the same exact thing.

The Anti Nephi Lehis were a perfect example that passivity DOES NOT WORK.
I'm just going by what the BOM tells me. Obviously when Moroni was abridging the plates he was inspired to include the Anti-Nephi-Lehi story and then refer to them as belonging to the true faith for a reason.

What could be better than having your exaltation sealed by having so much faith in Christ that you no longer fear death?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:42 am
Sarah wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:31 am

I'm just curious, I've always liked your perspective. I won't call you any names, I promise. We love you!
Okay, I'll trust that you've repented :) I'm not against going to war and I think it wise to expect that we will have to defend ourselves at some point with guns etc. But I don't believe that the Lord wants his Saints or patriots to take up arms at this point in the game. After the government collapses, and we are invaded, I expect the saints and other patriots will need to step up to defend the land and the constitution, but will have the Lord's blessing and help at that point. Right now we would not have his blessing.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Vision wrote: August 9th, 2021, 9:01 am
TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 8:01 am
Vision wrote: August 9th, 2021, 7:58 am 3 Nephi 6:14 where the abridgment says this- 14 And thus there became a great inequality in all the land, insomuch that the church began to be broken up; yea, insomuch that in the thirtieth year the church was broken up in all the land save it were among a few of the Lamanites who were converted unto the true faith; and they would not depart from it, for they were firm, and steadfast, and immovable, willing with all diligence to keep the commandments of the Lord.

The bold, italics, and underlined is referencing the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's. So if you want to be described as being converted to the "true" faith you will bury your weapons of war.

I believe we are living in the times described in 3 Nephi 6 verse's 10-14 especially verse 14 when the church is breaking up.
The truth faith they were converted to INCLUDES them begging for the Nephites to protect them with their armies. You STILL need weapons of war and armies to defend the "true faith". Or do you believe that Alma was a false prophet who set his armies over the Anti Nephi Lehis?

"And now behold, this will we do unto our brethren, that they may inherit the land Jershon; and we will guard them from their enemies with our armies, on condition that they will give us a portion of their substance to assist us that we may maintain our armies."
Alma 27:24

The Anti Nephi Lehis merely had other people die for them in battle. Their vow to not commit violence, in reality was no vow at all, because they had others do it. Its like refusing to work on Sunday, but then going out to eat and paying someone else to work for you. Still the same exact thing.

The Anti Nephi Lehis were a perfect example that passivity DOES NOT WORK.
I'm just going by what the BOM tells me. Obviously when Moroni was abridging the plates he was inspired to include the Anti-Nephi-Lehi story and then refer to them as belonging to the true faith for a reason.

What could be better than having your exaltation sealed by having so much faith in Christ that you no longer fear death?
You think Moroni feared death? Do you think you're more holy than him because he faught with the sword?

The Anti-Nephi-lehi people spent their lives murdering....hence their oath to not fight ever again. It has nothing to do with fear of death

Would you let someone stab your child to death without doing anything?
Would you not fight for my child and his liberty on the PROMISED LAND?

If you are a man and wouldn't protect this promised land and the women and children on it....you don't deserve to live here.

Do you understand you're commanded to protect your family & country even unto bloodshed?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

You think God doesn't use violence? Are your hands more clean than His that they can't get bloody?

Smh.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

markharr wrote: August 9th, 2021, 7:59 am
TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 7:55 am
markharr wrote: August 9th, 2021, 7:51 am
TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 7:33 am

Mormon succeeded in leading his people as was his right to do. The people he led became wicked, that's why they failed. It had nothing to do with the law not ALLOWING Mormon to go to battle as you mistakenly assumed. Or are you calling Mormon a false prophet?

Yes, the Lord has commanded me to go to battle and he has commanded you as well. The commandment is written in the Book of Mormon. You are simply too fearful to follow that command.
You are saying, I said things that I never said. I did not say we could not go unto battle, and neither did the scriptures that I posted.

When it comes to war, what I have always said on here is that you should repent first, and you should follow the process outlined in D&C 98. Go ahead and look at my previous posts. The scriptures I was posting previously really don't even have anything to do with battle. D&C98 23-32 are addressed to families and individuals and small groups. which is what would apply to the story presented in the OP.
23 Now, I speak unto you concerning your families—if men will smite you, or your families, once, and ye bear it patiently and revile not against them, neither seek revenge, ye shall be rewarded;
D&C 33 on is to the church as a whole and applies to matters of war and battle against us as a people or church.

Mormon is a righteous man, I have no doubt that he followed that process but he could not be victorious with wicked men who had nothing but vengeance in their hearts.
Don't run and hide from your own words. I know exactly what you said and what you meant.

The Book of Mormon is the "most correct book" and we should be looking at it first, before even the D&C. Captain Moroni is the best model we can emulate. We have been given commandment to obey and follow the Book of Mormon.
Actually, you are going to have to point me to the post where I said that we can't go to war against our enemies.

I was referring to a scenario like the one in the original post. Where you are unarmed and outnumbered and attacked by a violent mob. D&C 98 23-32 are the scriptures that apply to that scenario

But I wouldn't support going to war against our enemies at this current time, because we couldn't win. We would be slaughtered. When we get to the point that we feel sorrow in our hearts for our enemies instead of hate and anger, that is when we could win and I would fully support the war.
Whether we are slaughtered or not depends on our strategy. There are enough of us to win. We are placed strategically throughout the world. We are sufficiently armed. We certainly COULD win.

What we lack is a fearless leader of faith. Our leaders are yellow bellied wimps.

If the church came out today and said "Ladies and gentlemen, we must win this one! God is on our side and we will kick arse. Gather your weapons and get ready. Get a good night sleep. In the morning arise and praise God! Go about your town and neighborhood and proclaim God is good and any that say covid shall die. When night falls and several hundred million vaxxers are dead, give thanks to God and get another good night sleep. Rinse and repeat.

I have to be careful as Brian has told me to tone down my aggressiveness, and I don't think this is over the top. It is simply a matter of having a good leader of faith which at present time, we do not have.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

The Anti-Nephi-Lehi's made a vow not to commit violence as part of their repentance process and that is the only reason that they did not defend themselves. Presumably none of us have made such a vow.

Ceeding a neighborhood to thugs is a dereliction of duty and an abandonment of public office. More signs that the government has abandoned us. If they truly supported law and order, they would turn a blind eye if an annomous group of citizens cleaned the place up.

Sir H

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Thar He be, at an exact month, day, year, hour, and minute to clearly communicate through timing and deed. He indeed did move mountains at a precise place and time, to land Moroni’s Instrument. 🎺

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Fred wrote: August 9th, 2021, 9:36 am

You are saying, I said things that I never said. I did not say we could not go unto battle, and neither did the scriptures that I posted.

When it comes to war, what I have always said on here is that you should repent first, and you should follow the process outlined in D&C 98. Go ahead and look at my previous posts. The scriptures I was posting previously really don't even have anything to do with battle. D&C98 23-32 are addressed to families and individuals and small groups. which is what would apply to the story presented in the OP.

D&C 33 on is to the church as a whole and applies to matters of war and battle against us as a people or church.

Mormon is a righteous man, I have no doubt that he followed that process but he could not be victorious with wicked men who had nothing but vengeance in their hearts.
Don't run and hide from your own words. I know exactly what you said and what you meant.

The Book of Mormon is the "most correct book" and we should be looking at it first, before even the D&C. Captain Moroni is the best model we can emulate. We have been given commandment to obey and follow the Book of Mormon.
Actually, you are going to have to point me to the post where I said that we can't go to war against our enemies.

I was referring to a scenario like the one in the original post. Where you are unarmed and outnumbered and attacked by a violent mob. D&C 98 23-32 are the scriptures that apply to that scenario

But I wouldn't support going to war against our enemies at this current time, because we couldn't win. We would be slaughtered. When we get to the point that we feel sorrow in our hearts for our enemies instead of hate and anger, that is when we could win and I would fully support the war.
Whether we are slaughtered or not depends on our strategy. There are enough of us to win. We are placed strategically throughout the world. We are sufficiently armed. We certainly COULD win.

What we lack is a fearless leader of faith. Our leaders are yellow bellied wimps.

If the church came out today and said "Ladies and gentlemen, we must win this one! God is on our side and we will kick arse. Gather your weapons and get ready. Get a good night sleep. In the morning arise and praise God! Go about your town and neighborhood and proclaim God is good and any that say covid shall die. When night falls and several hundred million vaxxers are dead, give thanks to God and get another good night sleep. Rinse and repeat.

I have to be careful as Brian has told me to tone down my aggressiveness, and I don't think this is over the top. It is simply a matter of having a good leader of faith which at present time, we do not have.

Fred, I have a lot of respect for you. I think you are a really good man and appreciate your advocacy of the homeless but comments like this convince me even more that we are not ready to go to battle against the Gadiantons.

We can't win without the Lord. We really can't. They have bombers, and fighters, and nuclear weapons, and new technology that can kill you from the other side of the world without a human even being involved in the decision.
You cannot trust the people in our military to do the right thing any longer. You might think you can, but you can't.

You cannot have any anger or vengeance in your heart or you will go to far. You won't stop like Captain Moroni did, you will keep going past the point of gaining the upper hand and kill people in their sins.

Read D&C 98 and pray about it. Read Mormon 3-5 and pray about it. It was given to us as a warning for our day.

Follow the Lord's plan for us and his ancient peoples and nobody will be able to stop you. Even if they outnumber you a million to one and have advanced technology. Do not send people off to die in battle in their wickedness and sin. Yes, we are wicked.

Now is the time to repent. All of us. If we don't humble ourselves first, The Lord will keep us in captivity until we are sufficiently humble.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

markharr wrote: August 9th, 2021, 10:53 am

Fred, I have a lot of respect for you. I think you are a really good man and appreciate your advocacy of the homeless but comments like this convince me even more that we are not ready to go to battle against the Gadiantons.

We can't win without the Lord. We really can't. They have bombers, and fighters, and nuclear weapons, and new technology that can kill you from the other side of the world without a human even being involved in the decision.
You cannot trust the people in our military to do the right thing any longer. You might think you can, but you can't.

You cannot have any anger or vengeance in your heart or you will go to far. You won't stop like Captain Moroni did, you will keep going past the point of gaining the upper hand and kill people in their sins.

Read D&C 98 and pray about it. Read Mormon 3-5 and pray about it. It was given to us as a warning for our day.

Follow the Lord's plan for us and his ancient peoples and nobody will be able to stop you. Even if they outnumber you a million to one and have advanced technology. Do not send people off to die in battle in their wickedness and sin. Yes, we are wicked.

Now is the time to repent. All of us. If we don't humble ourselves first, The Lord will keep us in captivity until we are sufficiently humble.
You came back. :D

I'm ready right now, at this very moment to win. God told me he's behind me. Ive been resisting for the past 18 months. I've walked into every establishment and risked my job, arrest, and my peace to stand up against tyranny and I've been protected so far.

I'm not waiting for a Davidic Servant or anything like that. I'm putting it all on the line right now to resist the mark of the beast. I've told my wife and family to be prepared to see me go to jail or even to meet God if necessary. They're behind me. I will never bow down to tyranny. My mortal life is but a small moment in eternity.

Y'all can sit by and watch. I'll go it alone if I have to. But I know that's not even true. I know the angels surround me and God is with me. I've been promised that I am in the majority at all times and all places. I do not fear.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Steve Bannon makes a good point over this. Christians have been brainwashed by their enemies to be suicidal passivists.

You can't preach OR pray for demons. You can only cast them out. This woman is worried about "optics" of fighting back. My gosh, do you really believe it makes any difference at this point. You think the media will start praising you for being nice!? Wake up! Stop worrying about optics.

She says the police arrested nobody. So apparently your "optics" did jack-all. You let your women and children get attacked. At what point are YOU held responsible for this, not Antifa???

https://rumble.com/vkwoog-moms-for-amer ... r-gro.html

elbur
captain of 100

Post by elbur »

These sound like the words an FBI agent might write, hoping to entrap enough forum users to meet some quota. No offense.

Honestly, this thread has had so much blowhardery, I'm actually kind of impressed. Between trying those trying to strategerize from scripture and those trying to prove theirs is longer cause they're tougher...I come away with the distinct impression I wouldn't want to rely on any of you all in a real conflict that rose above the seriousness of a LARP.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

The youtube video that started this frothy debate is kind of telling if you look at the details. Instead of a flag with Christ, or some other symbol of Christianity on it they had a flag with Trump on it as they prayed to God. I would not take a Trump flag to a prayer meeting in downtown Portland unless I was trying to provoke a violent response, which it did.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

elbur wrote: August 9th, 2021, 11:31 am These sound like the words an FBI agent might write, hoping to entrap enough forum users to meet some quota. No offense.

Honestly, this thread has had so much blowhardery, I'm actually kind of impressed. Between trying those trying to strategerize from scripture and those trying to prove theirs is longer cause they're tougher...I come away with the distinct impression I wouldn't want to rely on any of you all in a real conflict that rose above the seriousness of a LARP.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uUInYpx2EnM is about LARPing.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1402300593273329 is definitely one of me top 10 LARPings of all time. Slog’s narrator playing the friend of the friend of God.

In All Seriousness, but not LARPing. :mrgreen: dbnp

Taki
captain of 50

Post by Taki »

elbur wrote: August 9th, 2021, 11:31 am These sound like the words an FBI agent might write, hoping to entrap enough forum users to meet some quota. No offense.

Not just blowhardery, but bloodlust. Might as well ask some of these folks who they're planning to shoot and where and when. If they're serious, Fred and TrueFaith are painting massive targets on their own backs, just asking to be sent off to Gitmo themselves. If you replaced the scriptures they quoted with selections from the Quran, then they might just be mistaken for Al Qaeda recruiters.

I guess some people salivate at the thought of becoming martyrs.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are aterrible; wherefore we cannot stand. 71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with asongs of everlasting bjoy.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

nightlight wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:10 pm 70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are aterrible; wherefore we cannot stand. 71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with asongs of everlasting bjoy.

Follow the reference for terrible. It is the Lord that makes it terrible for the heathen.

And some of the wicked go there also. Because it is the only place where they aren't forced to take a sword against their neighbor. It is the only place on earth where there is peace.
And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety

Our church wasn't founded to kill people in their sins. It was founded to save them from their sins so that they may have eternal life.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

Taki wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Not just blowhardery, but bloodlust. Might as well ask some of these folks who they're planning to shoot and where and when. If they're serious, Fred and TrueFaith are painting massive targets on their own backs, just asking to be sent off to Gitmo themselves. If you replaced the scriptures they quoted with selections from the Quran, then they might just be mistaken for Al Qaeda recruiters.

Where have you been? That's already happening, in fact the policy of our government now is to treat every white Christian citizen who refuses vaccines as a terrorist.

These consequences might come true if we resist them, but it ABSOLUTELY will come true if we don't.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

markharr wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:26 pm
nightlight wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:10 pm 70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are aterrible; wherefore we cannot stand. 71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with asongs of everlasting bjoy.

Follow the reference for terrible. It is the Lord that makes it terrible for the heathen.

And some of the wicked go there also. Because it is the only place where they aren't forced to take a sword against their neighbor. It is the only place on earth where there is peace.
And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety

Our church wasn't founded to kill people in their sins. It was founded to save them from their sins so that they may have eternal life.
Perhaps reread the scripture ..."for the INHABITANTS of Zion are terrible"

Lol obviously the gospel wasn't founded to kill people.... I don't know why you'd even say that to me?

The thought of having to take a life makes my stomach sick, but i do not think im somehow more special than Mormon or his son.

God's not going come down and do all your fighting so your hands stay dry, you understand this?
How could you ask holy and perfect Being to shed another man's blood for you because it's too much for you?

I just don't understand what you think is going to happen?

If/when the cleansing of America begins, be ready to protect your family and your neighbors... even unto bloodshed. People around us and other countries will want to take our liberty and life.
Look at the spiritual level of Moroni.... And then look at the last things he wrote about his current situation. Is he less than your ideals because he left a trail of dead men during his sojourn here?

This is why you were born on a promised Land that allows you to be armed

You have a spiritual duty to protect this promise Land....

A time will come when we don't make weapons and train to use them....but that time is not now.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

elbur wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:54 pm
TrueFaith wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:53 pm
Taki wrote: August 9th, 2021, 12:01 pm

Where have you been? That's already happening, in fact the policy of our government now is to treat every white Christian citizen who refuses vaccines as a terrorist.

These consequences might come true if we resist them, but it ABSOLUTELY will come true if we don't.
Blow harder.
I am. I sat in a county health department forum last Thursday with just a couple hundred people yelling as loud as I could with them to stop masking our children.

With God's help, they finally relented and canceled the policy. Other counties in my area are keeping masks intact for the fall because not enough people showed up to protest. Those people won't be blowing much of anything through their suffocating masks, will they?

The future of our freedom and our children's freedom is worth every bit of our strength to resist.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

markharr wrote: August 9th, 2021, 10:53 am

Well Mark, I agree with you most of the time, also. Our differences seem to be when to fight as opposed to if we should fight.

So I would ask 2 questions: How much cancer do you want before you decide to get rid of it? and How much of the cancer do you want to remove?

If we define "cancer" as the evil plan to take over the world and enslave us all and thwart the purposes of God, then everyone associated with it's implementation is complicit. That would be all of the vax promoters, all of the maskers, all of the fake news reporters, all of the doctors that recommend a strategy other than improving the immune system, any person, group, or organization, that promotes the covid hoax, as well as anyone that supports any of these efforts.

The likelihood that satan will withdraw is nil. So as time goes on, it only gets worse. We have identified the enemy. The only question remaining is when do we do something about it?

I personally believe that God will be with us whenever we decide to resist, but realize that it may be wise to wait. Where is Captain Moroni when we need him? We have Gomer Pyle.

Leadership is critical. Right now leadership is complicit.