A feeling to warn

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

A feeling to warn

Post by 4Joshua8 »

I bear testimony that barring swift repentance, the judgment of God will come upon this church and this nation, leaving it beyond crippled.
(Edited out as I don't want to draw this kind of attention to the apostles. If we'll live in truth, we'll know, I pray.)
The members will be heavily persecuted. Homes and communities of the latter-day saints in the valleys of their mountains will be burned.
Heavenly objects will fall, igniting fires, sending the waters beyond their bounds, sinking entire cities permanently in the depths, destroying inland rivers and lakes, and threatening even the cities of the latter-day saints in the valleys of the Everlasting Hills.
The shaking of the earth will be more severe than we’ve ever known in recorded history. The one who stands at God’s left hand will bring God’s judgment upon this church and then upon this world, making an end to the nations. Finally, the great watery scar of the great deep and divided nations will be healed.
What is coming upon the wicked is so evil and so heartbreaking that one is derelict in his duty for failing to sufficiently warn the people. (Edited out. Not necessary to place here.) How will the torment of soul be endured when the pain caused is learned? For the sake of the righteous, the Kingdom of God will come forth out of this conflict, or in the midst of it. Israel’s remnants will finally be gathered in. Zion will be redeemed, and the pure in heart will inhabit their cities of peace.
Last edited by 4Joshua8 on July 20th, 2021, 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Re: A feeling to warn

Post by tribrac »

People been saying that for 4000 years. Every time they say it doesn't matter that everyone before them was wrong....it will happen for real this time.

I testify it is closer now than ever before....

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

4Joshua8 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:20 pm ...The apparent refusal to reinstitute polygyny in righteousness has led, and will lead, many into adultery,....
Uh, you lost me there. Did you really say/mean "polygamy"... "in righteousness"...? I'm assuming you are not referring to the Brighamite version of abuse, correct?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Doth this have something to do with what is due to occur on 4/8 ?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

4Joshua8 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:20 pm I bear testimony that barring swift repentance, the judgment of God will come upon this church and this nation, leaving it beyond crippled.
Several of the apostles, including at least one wife of an apostle, will agree with the adversary and betray the righteous, like Judas.
The members will be heavily persecuted. Homes and communities of the latter-day saints in the valleys of their mountains will be burned.
Heavenly objects will fall, igniting fires, sending the waters beyond their bounds, sinking entire cities permanently in the depths, destroying inland rivers and lakes, and threatening even the cities of the latter-day saints in the valleys of the Everlasting Hills.
The shaking of the earth will be more severe than we’ve ever known in recorded history. The one who stands at God’s left hand will bring God’s judgment upon this church and then upon this world, making an end to the nations. Finally, the great watery scar of the great deep and divided nations will be healed.
What is coming upon the wicked is so evil and so heartbreaking that one is derelict in his duty for failing to sufficiently warn the people. The apparent refusal to reinstitute polygyny in righteousness has led, and will lead, many into adultery, including in my own family. How will the torment of soul be endured when the pain caused is learned? For the sake of the righteous, the Kingdom of God will come forth out of this conflict, or in the midst of it. Israel’s remnants will finally be gathered in. Zion will be redeemed, and the pure in heart will inhabit their cities of peace.
"The apparent refusal to reinstitute polygyny in righteousness has led, and will lead, many into adultery, including in my own family."

How does this lead people to adultery?
Last edited by nightlight on July 16th, 2021, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

4Joshua8 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:20 pm I bear testimony that barring swift repentance, the judgment of God will come upon this church and this nation, leaving it beyond crippled.
Several of the apostles, including at least one wife of an apostle, will agree with the adversary and betray the righteous, like Judas.
What is coming upon the wicked is so evil and so heartbreaking that one is derelict in his duty for failing to sufficiently warn the people. The apparent refusal to reinstitute polygyny in righteousness has led, and will lead, many into adultery, including in my own family. How will the torment of soul be endured when the pain caused is learned? For the sake of the righteous, the Kingdom of God will come forth out of this conflict, or in the midst of it. Israel’s remnants will finally be gathered in. Zion will be redeemed, and the pure in heart will inhabit their cities of peace.
Who stands at God's left hand?

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Something else I feel to warn about: Beware those who come using Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

I also know that is part of the adversary's gameplan (has been previously but will be much more strongly). Please, know them well enough to be aware of them when the adversary is using them against you, but not so well that you'd ever use them yourself.

Please take this warning seriously. I've been through something over the last two years I won't express here because many would call me insane and just mock it. Instead I'll just share this little something I learned. The experiences have been way above and beyond the most difficult previous experiences of my life, and I have a testimony firsthand that the enemy of souls and happiness uses and will yet use rules for radicals. It's one reason it's so important to not isolate. Be around good people who are an uplifting influence, and try to be so yourself.

Remember that you will know true messengers of God by their teachings and the fruit those teachings can bring forth in your life. Beware the forthcoming deception, which will make use of advanced technology to work "miracles" that in and of themselves would seem miraculous, but the fruit is rotten. They turn everything on its head and call that which is good evil, and that which is evil good.

Jesus Christ lives. God saves. He can be trusted to fulfill His promises, even if for a time we must endure great hardship.

I love you and may God bless you.

The rules are listed out here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

Addition:
If there is anything in your life you are doing that is embarrassing and sinful, STOP NOW. Trust me. STOP. Do not let another day pass by without repentance. Having a clean conscience will be one of your greatest allies when the enemy tries to force or manipulate your mind.

I wrote some Rules for the Righteous that are a response to the adversary's rules for radicals. If you can do a better job, please add yours.

"Power comes from strong morality, obedience to God's laws, and the consistent application of God's principles. True power is God's power. And those powers can only be handled based on the principles of righteousness."
"Increase the righteous expertise of your people."
"Do not seek war. We desire peace, and God wants mercy."
"Convert the wicked if possible. If they will not convert, and will continue intentionally having an unrighteous influence, cease the relationship until they repent."
"Do not mock others, and do not be influenced by ridicule. The wicked ridicule the righteous. Let it comfort you that you are suffering for righteousness sake."
"Find enjoyment in doing good."
"Be persistent in righteousness."
"Invite others to repent."
"Remember that the threat of the enemy is usually more terrifying than the thing itself, and trust in God to fulfill His promises."
"When you're feeling pressured by the enemy, ground yourself in truth and the influence of others who love righteousness."
"The adversary will push a negative, and he will push hard. Do not give in to the temptation to become negative yourself."
"The adversary will seek to offer a compromising alternative, one they will have made you feel you have no other choice in. Do not embrace their alternative. God's way is the right way."
"The enemy will try to isolate you for the attack. Hold fast to positive influence. Get the tempting and spiritually negative influences out and put the righteous influence in place. Be an influence others who feel isolated can find comfort in, and be there for them."

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 16th, 2021, 5:37 am
4Joshua8 wrote: July 15th, 2021, 7:20 pm ...The apparent refusal to reinstitute polygyny in righteousness has led, and will lead, many into adultery,....
Uh, you lost me there. Did you really say/mean "polygamy"... "in righteousness"...? I'm assuming you are not referring to the Brighamite version of abuse, correct?
If Brigham young was such a wicked man then this church isn’t the lord’s church. The lord would have gotten rid of him.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

BeNotDeceived wrote: July 16th, 2021, 5:55 am Doth this have something to do with what is due to occur on 4/8 ?
I doubt you are talking about the 4/8 principal.

Do share, maybe a link?

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Bronco73idi wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:18 pm
If Brigham young was such a wicked man then this church isn’t the lord’s church. The lord would have gotten rid of him.
That’s a statement from Wilford Woodruff and has no scriptural basis.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Bronco73idi wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:28 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: July 16th, 2021, 5:55 am Doth this have something to do with what is due to occur on 4/8 ?
I doubt you are talking about the 4/8 principal.

Do share, maybe a link?
Spoiler

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:32 pm
September 27, 1886 Vision? Maybe another false prophet.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Bronco73idi wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:54 pm
Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:32 pm
September 27, 1886 Vision? Maybe another false prophet.
Go read my thread about Isaiah. There are dozens of verses about the leaders being corrupted but none about them being removed from their place. You won’t find any.

So yes, it’s a false doctrine and anyone who teaches it is arguably a false prophet. It is the exact opposite of what Christ taught (2 Nephi 28:31).

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

The Lord allows His church to fall into apostasy, the philosophy that God will always remove wicked leaders is a lazy doctrine.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:16 pm
The Lord allows His church to fall into apostasy, the philosophy that God will always remove wicked leaders is a lazy doctrine.
Except that the Lord said that this, the last dispensation, is different.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

franklinbluth wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:28 pm
So now it’s impossible for them to lead us astray? I missed it when he ever said that. I do recall him condemning the gentiles though...

Or this:
46 And if thine eye which seeth for thee, him that is appointed to watch over thee to show thee light, become a transgressor and offend thee, pluck him out.
47 It is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God, with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

JST Mark 9

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:33 pm

So now it’s impossible for them to lead us astray? I missed it when he ever said that. I do recall him condemning the gentiles though...

Or this:
46 And if thine eye which seeth for thee, him that is appointed to watch over thee to show thee light, become a transgressor and offend thee, pluck him out.
47 It is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God, with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

JST Mark 9
I personally think our lord and savior spoke with more power and authority then most give him credit. His parables are tossed aside by the hypocrites that call themselves saints (10 virgin parable)

Who do you think the 3 servants were or are that he talked about after the 10 virgins?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Yeah, you and I, and most church leaders, interpret those scriptures very differently. The apostasy referenced in 2 Thess. also has reference too our day. Nephi, Moroni and a whole host of ancient prophets would agree.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Bronco73idi wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:44 pm

Or this:

JST Mark 9
I personally think our lord and savior spoke with more power and authority then most give him credit. His parables are tossed aside by the hypocrites that call themselves saints (10 virgin parable)

Who do you think the 3 servants were or are that he talked about after the 10 virgins?
Agreed. I think the 10 virgins are a wonderful example of the need to be spiritually self-reliant, especially today.

The talents are interesting as well. I see the first two as similar but with different circumstances, one with more one with less, but they both made the best with what they were given. I think they represent anyone who is willing to heed the Spirit and take risks to become better, examples of risk being losing friends, moving, being patient etc. They have a determination to make something out of nothing. The last servant is someone who has no desire to improve, who simply wants to enjoy the time they have before the master returns. Comes across as more lazy to me.

That’s just my first thought, I need to dig into those chapters again sometime soon. Very profound.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

Or this:

JST Mark 9
He said that those who won't heed his apostles and prophets will be cut off. D&C 1:14. We won't be blessed if we don't listen to his prophet. D&C 124:45-46.

He said that the priesthood was given for the last time (D&C 112:30) and would never be taken from the earth again. (D&C 13:1)

He said we should not rebel against the prophet. (D&C 112:15).

So: there won't be another dispensation, the priesthood isn't going anywhere, and we need to follow the prophet.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 18th, 2021, 8:50 pm

Yeah, you and I, and most church leaders, interpret those scriptures very differently. The apostasy referenced in 2 Thess. also has reference too our day. Nephi, Moroni and a whole host of ancient prophets would agree.
Any interpretation of those passages that says there will be another dispensation is wrong.

There has been a falling away. There have been people breaking their covenants. It's just not the Brethren who are doing it.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

franklinbluth wrote: July 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm

Or this:

JST Mark 9
He said that those who won't heed his apostles and prophets will be cut off. D&C 1:14. We won't be blessed if we don't listen to his prophet. D&C 124:45-46.

He said that the priesthood was given for the last time (D&C 112:30) and would never be taken from the earth again. (D&C 13:1)

So: there won't be another dispensation, the priesthood isn't going anywhere, and we need to follow the prophet.
Both Nephi and the Savior taught of a restoration, a great period of tribulation (prophesied of by many btw), and then the work of the Father will commence, so yes, the restoration was simply a preface to the work of gathering.

franklinbluth
captain of 1,000

Post by franklinbluth »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 18th, 2021, 9:20 pm

Or this:

JST Mark 9

Both Nephi and the Savior taught of a restoration, a great period of tribulation (prophesied of by many btw), and then the work of the Father will commence, so yes, the restoration was simply a preface to the work of gathering.
There has been a restoration. There will be a time of tribulation. None of that means that God was lying when he said that this is the last dispensation.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

franklinbluth wrote: July 18th, 2021, 9:21 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 18th, 2021, 9:20 pm

Or this:

There has been a restoration. There will be a time of tribulation. None of that means that God was lying when he said that this is the last dispensation.
I have a difficult time believing that the restored church will play a major role in that final “work of the Father commencing” scene. Nearly a dozen prophets testify of the pride and arrogance of the latter-day shepherds. I firmly believe the Church of the Firstborn will play that role. 3 Nephi 16:10-11, the Lord takes his gospel from the Gentiles to the House of Israel…. The LDS faith is prideful enough to never think the Lord would take His gospel from among them.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on July 18th, 2021, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Or this:

JST Mark 9

First of all, there has been enough change to the doctrine and covenants to make them an extremely questionable source. Some chapters better than others. Next, we disagree about who the prophets and servants actually are, which means those verses could still be in effect.

I know of a surety that you are wrong because Christ Himself disagrees with you (3 Nephi 16: 10). So do Moroni, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel. Want me to name off the dozens of scriptures that condemn the leaders in the last days?

Isaiah 28, 56
Jeremiah 23
2 Nephi 13, 28
Mormon 8
Ezekiel 13

But yes, let’s talk about D&C shall we? You seem to have forgotten these verses:
And my vineyard has become corrupted every whit; and there is none which doeth good save it be a few; and they err in many instances because of priestcrafts, all having corrupt minds. (D&C 33:4)

And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness, and it shall be the fulness of my gospel; But they receive it not; for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men. And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (D&C 45:28-30)

And by this you may know the righteous from the wicked, and that the whole world groaneth under sin and darkness even now. And your minds in times past have been darkened because of unbelief, and because you have treated lightly the things you have received—Which vanity and unbelief have brought the whole church under condemnation. And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion, even all. And they shall remain under this condemnation until they repent and remember the new covenant, even the Book of Mormon and the former commandments which I have given them, not only to say, but to do according to that which I have written—That they may bring forth fruit meet for their Father's kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a scourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion. For shall the children of the kingdom pollute my holy land? Verily, I say unto you, Nay. (D&C 84:53-59)

And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God; (D&C 85:7)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face. Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord. And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord; First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord. (D&C 112:23-26)

When men are called unto mine everlasting gospel, and covenant with an everlasting covenant, they are accounted as the salt of the earth and the savor of men; They are called to be the savor of men; therefore, if that salt of the earth lose its savor, behold, it is thenceforth good for nothing only to be cast out and trodden under the feet of men. (D&C 101:39-40)
Last edited by Gadianton Slayer on July 18th, 2021, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.