Where we are commanded to take an interest in conspiracies

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Where we are commanded to take an interest in conspiracies

Post by Pazooka »

Right after He warns the Saints that the enemy is combined and that they don’t even know the hearts of men in their own land.

And right BEFORE He tells them they need to gather (physically and literally).
”I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore, treasure up wisdom[discernment; ability to judge accurately] in your bosoms, lest the wickedness of men reveal these things unto you *by* their wickedness, in a manner which shall speak in your ears with a voice louder than that which shall shake the earth; but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.” D&C 38:30
Good enough for me

And because I hate it when people say you can’t know certain things about what’s really going on, as a means of dismissing their responsibility to be at least interested in finding out. At least I’m prepared for whatever.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Where we are commanded to take an interest in conspiracies

Post by mes5464 »

Amen

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Pazooka wrote: June 27th, 2021, 11:46 am … shall speak in your ears with a voice louder than that which shall shake the earth; but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.” D&C 38:30
Thank you for supplying new insight into speaking with stammering 👄.

As discussed here.
Section 38 shirley is apropos
3 demo-quakes with 0.8 magnitude progression.

AGoodGlobalCitizen
captain of 100

Post by AGoodGlobalCitizen »

The Book of Mormon: You are commanded when these things come upon you to wake up to a sense of your awful situation

BUT according to the people here, the only secret combinations and conspiracies that are kosher to discuss are modern-day ones. You will be welcomed with open arms if you think the church is apostate today.

If you think the church was apostate yesterday, you will be mocked and labeled hateful and bitter and given fake "pitty" for caring so much about a dead man "who has no impact" on you.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: June 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm The Book of Mormon: You are commanded when these things come upon you to wake up to a sense of your awful situation

BUT according to the people here, the only secret combinations and conspiracies that are kosher to discuss are modern-day ones. You will be welcomed with open arms if you think the church is apostate today.

If you think the church was apostate yesterday, you will be mocked and labeled hateful and bitter and given fake "pitty" for caring so much about a dead man "who has no impact" on you.
You won’t get any pity from me. I stand with Joseph Smith. I think the Church took a nosedive under Wilford Woodruff as a result of conspiring men outside of the Church but has since been properly infiltrated and that we are witnessing the fruits of conspiring men and women currently within the Church.

AGoodGlobalCitizen
captain of 100

Post by AGoodGlobalCitizen »

I just can't believe so many of you are so hateful towards the brethren and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in general. Honestly, what has President Nelson ever done that has personally affected you?

Hating a dead man like Wilford Woodruff or Brigham Young? I sincerely feel bad for you people

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: June 27th, 2021, 2:32 pm...BUT according to the people here, the only secret combinations and conspiracies that are kosher to discuss are modern-day ones. You will be welcomed with open arms if you think the church is apostate today.

In my experience in discussing Mormonism with people who are disenchanted with it, most (95%?) are so obsessed with his-story. It never ceases to amaze me how some think his-story - which happened +100 years ago - justifies boundaries with the upper pyramid part of the church more than what is hurting MANY people NOW.

No offense to any Mormon History Trivia buffs, but when people start getting into such trivia, I often tune them out. I think, “why dwell on inconsequential things when there are serious threats now”?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: June 27th, 2021, 2:47 pm I just can't believe so many of you are so hateful towards the brethren and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in general. Honestly, what has President Nelson ever done that has personally affected you?

Hating a dead man like Wilford Woodruff or Brigham Young? I sincerely feel bad for you people
Try to stay on topic

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

D&C 88

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Pazooka, interesting you bring this up, I was led to this same verse about one week ago and had similar thoughts. The Lord told me to listen to Him and not outside influences to know when and what to do (I guess vs. MSN, governments, and maybe church leaders?)

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: June 27th, 2021, 2:47 pm Hating a dead man like Wilford Woodruff or Brigham Young? I sincerely feel bad for you people
I don't hate WW. I just think he made a big mistake when the pressure got too great