Standing in Holy Places Series by Chad Daybell

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
BigMomma
captain of 50

Standing in Holy Places Series by Chad Daybell

Post by BigMomma »

I have read (many times) and (highly) recommend The Standing in Holy Places Series by Chad Daybell.

Has anyone else read these books? I would love to get your opinion. How do you think his timeline fits? Do you think the story is believable?

another good series would be, Chris Stewart's the Great and Terrible
This takes the angle from a military/ world leader perspective. Secret Combinations, behind the scenes, etc... Which I find fascinating. I especially liked the 1st book which starts in the preexistence. It is an interesting perspective on how the war in heaven played out.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Re: Standing in Holy Places Series by Chad Daybell

Post by kathyn »

I liked Chad Daybell's series, but it revolves around the big "call-out". Still, it was a good read. But for my money, the Chris Stewart series The Great And Terrible is better. I guess it's really about personal taste. Wendie Edward's books were fun but totally "out there" in most of the early books of the series. Again, just my personal opinion. I also liked Jessica and Richard Draper's Seventh Seal series.

BigMomma
captain of 50

Post by BigMomma »

You've given me some new books to check out. Thank You!

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Question: Should I read the five volumes in sequence to get full value? I see that each costs $14.95 at Deseret Book. Getting all five at once is a little exopensive for me but buying one by one after having finished the Volume is well within our budget. Thanks.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

Samuel the Lamanite wrote:Question: Should I read the five volumes in sequence to get full value? I see that each costs $14.95 at Deseret Book. Getting all five at once is a little exopensive for me but buying one by one after having finished the Volume is well within our budget. Thanks.
Try amazon

BigMomma
captain of 50

Post by BigMomma »

STL - Definitely read them in sequence... They go in chronological order.
I wouldn't put yourself out to get them, check the library, ask a neighbor, I would let you borrow mine if you lived close. (Idaho/Utah)
Kathryn mentioned it revolves around the big "Call-out". I agree, that is why I like them so much. It plays out exactly as I would hope.
Have you looked into the Chris Stewart series?

Samuel the Lamanite
captain of 1,000

Post by Samuel the Lamanite »

Big Mama: Thanks for answering my concerns. I don't know anythinhg about the other series. Please explain why I shgould read them.. OK?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Samuel the Lamanite, The Draper Seventh Seal books are a trilogy in chronological order as are the Chris Stewart Great and Terrible series. You must read them in order.

The Draper books storyline is about drug cartels south of the border and their secret combinations, as well as a very powerful pharmaceutical company and corruption at the highest levels of gov't. The truly intriguing character is Brother Light, a messiah-like figure who is the head of the New Age religion and deceives many. It tells how the church members have to gather to places of safety (temples, etc.) to be safe from gov't edicts. It also follows missionaries during dangerous times. One character (a GA) writes wonderful and doctrinally sound letters to his son on a mission. Another character stumbles on a giant conspiracy quite by accident with deadly consequences. When I first read the series, not much was happening in Central and South America, but I've found the authors to have been quite prescient. It's quite plausible.

The Great and Terrible series by Christopher Stewart is such a page-turner! It deals more with a sadistic and cruel Arab leader and nuclear weapons and EMP which destroys America's infrastructure. It starts in book one with the lead characters in the pre-mortal life and how they come to interact with each other in their earthly lives. The Adversary has a lead role throughout, being in direct contact with wicked mortals. It deals with our military, somewhat. That's not surprising since Chris Steward has piloted B-1's and other stealth planes and has written several secular suspense novels, using his military expertise to good advantage. This series is probably the grittiest of them all, yet is suitable for the LDS audience so you don't have to worry about that. Future things could happen very much like the storyline, IMHO.

The Chad Daybell series deal with one extended family and what happens to them in the near-future, starting out the "THE CHIP" and food storage and the Big Call-Out. The whole premise is about what happens to the families who have been called out and their trials and travails as they travel to Missouri. It speculates on what life in New Jerusalem will be like. And it also involves the people of Central America (the Lamanites) coming to help build New Jerusalem.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BigMomma wrote: July 18th, 2011, 2:34 pm I have read (many times) and (highly) recommend The Standing in Holy Places Series by Chad Daybell.
Wow, have times changed! No one knew, when this thread began, that Chad would be implicated in the murder of two minors, nor be married to an alleged professional widow who might possibly be the instigator of the murders.

Crazy. You've got to be so careful who to trust or believe anymore.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:40 pm
BigMomma wrote: July 18th, 2011, 2:34 pm I have read (many times) and (highly) recommend The Standing in Holy Places Series by Chad Daybell.
Wow, have times changed! No one knew, when this thread began, that Chad would be implicated in the murder of two minors, nor be married to an alleged professional widow who might possibly be the instigator of the murders.

They also didn’t know that Chad would come to believe he and Lori were destined to lead the 144K to welcome Christ at the Second Coming. It’s one thing to write fiction, but quite another to believe you have become the star character. And then the tragedy of what happened to those dear children....my heart hurts.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Lizzy60 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:45 pm They also didn’t know that Chad would come to believe he and Lori were destined to lead the 144K to welcome Christ at the Second Coming. It’s one thing to write fiction, but quite another to believe you have become the star character. And then the tragedy of what happened to those dear children....my heart hurts.
So true.

It's heartbreaking.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Lizzy60 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:45 pm
Silver Pie wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 9:40 pm

They also didn’t know that Chad would come to believe he and Lori were destined to lead the 144K to welcome Christ at the Second Coming. It’s one thing to write fiction, but quite another to believe you have become the star character. And then the tragedy of what happened to those dear children....my heart hurts.
And his wife. Don't forget he murdered his wife, Tammy, so he could get her life insurance and be with his whore.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Attachments
mqdefault.jpg
mqdefault.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 1478 times

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

I read them, enjoyed the first books a lot, the later ones less. Threw them all in the trash last year.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Right.....sheep in wolfs clothing.....Amazingly common how these off shoots of mainstream religion turn tragic.......so many examples of good people getting ensnared with charismatic or in Chad's case, seemingly humble and very dull , who are just plain insane......lol.....add a perky blonde home wrecker and voila....perfect recipe for disaster......these two are so evil and wicked, not even killing\mutilation of their own spouses\children phase them.......ya "sitting in jailed spaces" seems like a more appropriate title for Chad's next book....with chapter headings like How I didn't see this coming, delusional hot blonde, just keep your mouth shut and follow me to demon zombie possession, killing dismembering and burning a body 101, warrioring up in a jail setting with a pendulum, lists of light and dark inmates\prison guards, how to get past killing your wife, if there were portals in jail I would have used it already....and the final chapter called crossing the veil to the great below.....the end can't come soon enough in my opinion....ya just never know what's lurking under the surface....

Prana
captain of 100

Post by Prana »

Hindsight is 20/20. I’d love to see a skeptical analysis of this guy before the tragedies came to light.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Prana wrote: May 12th, 2021, 6:39 pm Hindsight is 20/20. I’d love to see a skeptical analysis of this guy before the tragedies came to light.
Well I wasn't a Julie Rowe fan ever....if that's what your getting at.....something not right...especially when people that I know went to see Julie and told me they saw angels surround here......this persons reputation preceded and If they were on board....I wasn't.......and the avow crowd who are the same people who saw angels around Rowe, who used to tell me stuff about how the people on the board were basically prophets telling the future.....Chad daybells name was touted in the same conversation as Julie Rowe.....always a skeptic as Yoda would say.....never bought a book.....never believed the dribble.....i will say I didn't see this coming as I wasn't listening to Chad's pod casts....but association with the crazy people was obviously apparent if one looked closely.....I knew from the beginning of the chori episode that the kids were dead and Chad most likely was involved....said so before it was proven.....somehow that made perfect sense to me.....lol....

Yeliab
captain of 100

Post by Yeliab »

I was in AVOW for some time and left just as Chad boy was coming to power there. Julie Rowe was and is a total joke, I saw it then. I started to question some of the "leaders" in AVOW because their stories just didn't line up. One of them even told a story of when he was in North Dakota at a 7-11 and killed a man in a knife fight and was justified in doing so because he was surrounded by angels and yadda yadda. The problem with his story was, he picked the wrong town to have gotten into a knife fight. You see, a good friend of mine lived in that town and I asked him about the incident. So Frank went down to the 7-11 and talked with the store manager about it. The manager had been there for several years and he and Frank had become pretty good friends. He said, NOTHING like that had ever happened at the store or even in town. When I called out the "leader" I was immediately assailed by Christopher and a couple of others.

I then called out Julie Rowe because of some of the crap she was spinning. Christopher was continually posting in there pics of his mountains of "bug out" gear and his tens of thousands of rounds of ammo he had loaded. I quietly told him that FEDS were watching him and AVOW, he then put one of his doberman "leaders" on me. I told the guy that, AVOW's days were numbered because they had gone so far off the rails that Chad and Julie and a couple of others were building up a cult following and it wouldn't be long before, people started drinking the kool aid from the dippers. With that I got out of there and never looked back. As so often is the case, they took a great idea, a sound idea with tons of helpful stuff and turned it into a den of whacks and cultists.