Church Covid Hypocrisy

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Church Covid Hypocrisy

Post by Gadianton Slayer »

Story time:

I walk into my YSA ward this morning and sit down. After the openings and sacrament, our stake president gets up to speak. He begins with how we all agreed to follow God's commandments to come here and a few other examples about following Christ. He then spends a few minutes talking about the temple recommend questions, specifically that you sustain Nelson and the other church leaders. Next a long testimony of how Nelson is a prophet of God who will not lead us astray. He then says he wants to focus his entire message on one statement from this last conference, "do all you can to slow the spread" and get back into our temples following LOCAL GUIDELINES. A note for this next part, I'm sitting nearly at the front in the middle of the row. He then says, "the area presidency has asked us to wear masks, I plead with you to wear your masks, it is REQUIRED to wear a mask for church attendance." I stood up, looked him in the eye, shook my head, and walked out of the building. Now some of you may think that was an inappropriate response (my mom did), but I wanted every person in that room to know that is why I walked out, and I pray to God that I was not the only one.

I will no longer be attending any LDS ward.

Now the title... I live in Idaho. Where I'm at we could have our temples open at FULL CAPACITY with NO MASKS, and we could have been doing it for months. Our mask mandate was removed and there are absolutely NO local guidelines that would prevent our churches and temples from reopening to COMPLETELY normal. It is despicable that any leader will stand up and tell us such a blatant lie, and why??? Why does he feel the need to require us to do something that is not locally mandated? He is going even beyond Nelson's guidance, it is to signal his virtue to "higher" leaders?

"Follow your local guidelines" sounds great, sure. But WHY THE HELL are we going past them? Especially when study after study shows that masks are ineffective and cause psychological and physiological harm to the wearers.

This has led me to believe there is some evil intent behind the leaders of the LDS church. Because I do not think they are this stupid, idiotic, and moronic.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Church Covid Hypocrisy

Post by TheDuke »

I think our area 70 is the same, but I will not quit attending church as it is (at least for me) God's will. Many leaders have always be azz-kissers. I will attend again when we don't need masks, contact tracing, etc... but there is zoom for me.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:54 am Story time:

I walk into my YSA ward this morning and sit down. After the openings and sacrament, our stake president gets up to speak. He begins with how we all agreed to follow God's commandments to come here and a few other examples about following Christ. He then spends a few minutes talking about the temple recommend questions, specifically that you sustain Nelson and the other church leaders. Next a long testimony of how Nelson is a prophet of God who will not lead us astray. He then says he wants to focus his entire message on one statement from this last conference, "do all you can to slow the spread" and get back into our temples following LOCAL GUIDELINES. A note for this next part, I'm sitting nearly at the front in the middle of the row. He then says, "the area presidency has asked us to wear masks, I plead with you to wear your masks, it is REQUIRED to wear a mask for church attendance." I stood up, looked him in the eye, shook my head, and walked out of the building. Now some of you may think that was an inappropriate response (my mom did), but I wanted every person in that room to know that is why I walked out, and I pray to God that I was not the only one.

Now the title... I live in Idaho. Where I'm at we could have our temples open at FULL CAPACITY with NO MASKS, and we could have been doing it for months. Our mask mandate was removed and there are absolutely NO local guidelines that would prevent our churches and temples from reopening to COMPLETELY normal. It is despicable that any leader will stand up and tell us such a blatant lie, and why??? Why does he feel the need to require us to do something that is not locally mandated? He is going even beyond Nelson's guidance, it is to signal his virtue to "higher" leaders?

"Follow your local guidelines" sounds great, sure. But WHY THE HELL are we going past them? Especially when study after study shows that masks are ineffective and cause psychological and physiological harm to the wearers.

This has led me to believe there is some evil intent behind the leaders of the LDS church. Because I do not think they are this stupid, idiotic, and moronic.
I love story time.

You did a brave thing. If your own mom isn’t proud, let me be proud of you for her.

That’s also the conclusion I have drawn. There HAS to be some evil intent; the ones steering things have to be working with the NWO.

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

Pazooka wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:00 am

I love story time.

You did a brave thing. If your own mom isn’t proud, let me be proud of you for her.

That’s also the conclusion I have drawn. There HAS to be some evil intent; the ones steering things have to be working with the NWO.
Agreed! That was a very brave thing to do. Especially in a YSA ward, where so many young, indoctrinated members are present.

I don't think I'd be brave enough to do that, but I would be silently shaking my head.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

Fellow Idahoan, our temples aren’t open either!! In conference they said temples could open when local guideline say so, not true!!!!

Our mask mandates have been null for a while also, yet here we are with a ward full of maskies!

Good for you. They’ll shun you but god won’t imo
Last edited by NewEliza on April 25th, 2021, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:00 am I think our area 70 is the same, but I will not quit attending church as it is (at least for me) God's will. Many leaders have always be azz-kissers. I will attend again when we don't need masks, contact tracing, etc... but there is zoom for me.
Yeah I understand, because that's how I've been. But this is a cumulation of things I've learned and felt, I've contemplated having my records removed from the church because I disagree so strongly on so many issues. The biggest being their infallibility, I want to be far away from anyone who teaches such. Lot's of hard decisions lately that I'm trying to make very carefully.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

I love story time.
Oh there will be more I'm sure 😅 Stay tuned.

Thank you. Both logically and through my spiritual feelings I believe that is what's happening.

J2
captain of 100

Post by J2 »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:07 am
TheDuke wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:00 am I think our area 70 is the same, but I will not quit attending church as it is (at least for me) God's will. Many leaders have always be azz-kissers. I will attend again when we don't need masks, contact tracing, etc... but there is zoom for me.
Yeah I understand, because that's how I've been. But this is a cumulation of things I've learned and felt, I've contemplated having my records removed from the church because I disagree so strongly on so many issues. The biggest being their infallibility, I want to be far away from anyone who teaches such. Lot's of hard decisions lately that I'm trying to make very carefully.
I've contemplated a lot of these same things too, but I'm not planning to ever remove my name from the church. Hopefully things don't ever get bad enough that I need to contemplate that.

I believe the church has the Priesthood, and with it, the authority to perform the ordinances of salvation. I'm not willing to remove myself from these blessings due to a few policy disagreements.

That said, the policy issues DO need to be addressed.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

J2 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:03 am
Agreed! That was a very brave thing to do. Especially in a YSA ward, where so many young, indoctrinated members are present.

I don't think I'd be brave enough to do that, but I would be silently shaking my head.
I've gotten past that lol. I know of a surety that I am following the counsel of God through my personal inspiration.

One thing I didn't mention, sitting just before the meeting a young man asked me and my friend to pass the sacrament, I said "I can't, I won't wear a mask", he replied "oh it's ok we have some for you!" He was a little shocked at my response... "Sorry, I refuse to wear one. They are satanic." He just stared at me so I said "we can have that conversation later" and he moved on.

Edit: this is funnier because it’s the 4th Sunday in a row that he has asked me.
Last edited by Gadianton Slayer on April 25th, 2021, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Makes me wish I could set you up with my 18-year-old daughter who got kicked out of class the first day of her senior year of high school because she told her U.S. Government teacher she wouldn’t wear the mask properly. It was a proud day (almost as proud as the day my other daughter came home from school after a cooking class and asked us what the heck margarine was - she pronounced it totally wrong “marGareen”).

I’m just glad to know you lads exist.

Robbinius
captain of 100

Post by Robbinius »

I salute you my friend.

Here’s a test to know if what you did was correct: What was the war in heaven fought over? What did the Lord value in that fight? Is there any resemblance in our political sides today? Which side is the Church on? Why would the Lord change His mind now on what He values?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

I read an article a while back that listed the hundreds of churches that had joined the Secret Clergy Response Team. LDS was listed. I did a search just now and could not find any list. But I did run across this article where a Pastor asks if your Pastor is a FEMA government agent? https://jimdukeperspective.com/1531-pastors/

The whole reason this secret entity was formed is to subvert religion. FEMA knew that if churches was not in on the scam that people would place their faith in God instead of government.

There is no question whatsoever that the LDS is a part of this. All of the big churches are. Only small independent churches that actually believe in being Christlike are not participating.

So the LDS leadership are hypocrites, liars, and disciples of satan. But like any business that goes off the rails, the board of directors hire a new CEO and get the business back on track with the intended principles and goals. The LDS church is still the right church. Christ is going to be the new CEO. Whether he fires the bums, kills them, or just lets them die of old age doesn't matter to me.

God has a plan and whatever it is, I am with it. Like has been said a thousand times on this forum, by their fruits we shall know them. The current leadership has rotten fruit. People will recognize it more and more as time goes on. The scriptures tell it. So even the die hards that would defend the corporation to their last breath will either believe the scriptures or be cast out.

CosmicMind
captain of 100

Post by CosmicMind »

I applaud your courage; not necessarily the manner in which you did it. There is a very real danger in how you did what you did and will possibly lead down a road of a lot of pain and suffering.

I am right there with you in that there are a plethora of things which are being done in the Church which is not right, evil, wicked, etc. The challenge is knowing how to resist them in the correct manner. The challenge for people like you (and me) is that we see what is going wrong and we want to take a stand, we want to fight for what is right and we have the courage and conviction to do so. Yet if we are not careful then we become revolutionaries, seeking to destroy the order in the world-this leads to a very bad place.

There is a manner in which one can resist these insanities while still maintaining the proper Christian attitude desiring to help those who lead have a change of heart rather than a complete revolution of order.

I would highly encourage you to ponder on the following video so that this does not take you down a dark road.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

Pazooka wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:16 am
Makes me wish I could set you up with my 18-year-old daughter who got kicked out of class the first day of her senior year of high school because she told her U.S. Government teacher she wouldn’t wear the mask properly. It was a proud day (almost as proud as the day my other daughter came home from school after a cooking class and asked us what the heck margarine was - she pronounced it totally wrong “marGareen”).

The margarine thing really touched my heart!!!!!! 😂 my kids differentiate between things like “yogurt” and “candy yogurt” haha

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

CosmicMind wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:29 am

I applaud your courage; not necessarily the manner in which you did it. There is a very real danger in how you did what you did and will possibly lead down a road of a lot of pain and suffering.

I am right there with you in that there are a plethora of things which are being done in the Church which is not right, evil, wicked, etc. The challenge is knowing how to resist them in the correct manner. The challenge for people like you (and me) is that we see what is going wrong and we want to take a stand, we want to fight for what is right and we have the courage and conviction to do so. Yet if we are not careful then we become revolutionaries, seeking to destroy the order in the world-this leads to a very bad place.

There is a manner in which one can resist these insanities while still maintaining the proper Christian attitude desiring to help those who lead have a change of heart rather than a complete revolution of order.

I would highly encourage you to ponder on the following video so that this does not take you down a dark road.
There is nothing wrong at all with Walking out of a meeting.

I mean, it’s not like he was whipping people or flipping over tables!!

Wait

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Pazooka wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:16 am

We are few and far between 😅 I've started a telegram group where a few of us who got kicked off of missions for this stuff talk, I could send you the link to join that if you wanted. Just pm me.

TrueFaith
captain of 1,000

Post by TrueFaith »

I agree with you, you were right to show him he was wrong. I had the same experience a few weeks ago, but that doesn't stop me from going with my big smiling face anyway. We are better than them, make them tell you personally to stop coming so they have to take full responsibility of their condemnation for disobeying the Savior.

"And behold, ye shall meet together oft; and ye shall not forbid any man from coming unto you when ye shall meet together, but suffer them that they may come unto you and forbid them not;
But ye shall pray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name."
3 Nephi 18:22-23

Keep going maskless and hold your head high. Don't be angry, be confident of your choice to do the right thing. You can set an example for others. We can't let these wicked men get away with this without a fight.
Last edited by TrueFaith on April 25th, 2021, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Welcome to the club my friend! There are many of us 💪🏻. We follow Christ. Not man.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Robbinius wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:24 am

I salute you my friend.

Here’s a test to know if what you did was correct: What was the war in heaven fought over? What did the Lord value in that fight? Is there any resemblance in our political sides today? Which side is the Church on? Why would the Lord change His mind now on what He values?
Valid questions that I actually have had, haha. Feelings don't lie. That being said, I've focused recently on the concept of continual conversion because I know the Spirit can testify and lead us to do something that will be wrong in the future. It's necessary for our intimate paths through this life.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Gadianton Slayer wrote: April 25th, 2021, 10:54 am A note for this next part, I'm sitting nearly at the front in the middle of the row. He then says, "the area presidency has asked us to wear masks, I plead with you to wear your masks, it is REQUIRED to wear a mask for church attendance." I stood up, looked him in the eye, shook my head, and walked out of the building. Now some of you may think that was an inappropriate response (my mom did), but I wanted every person in that room to know that is why I walked out, and I pray to God that I was not the only one.
That was the right response. The church is supposed to stand up against the forces of evil. Wearing a mask has so much symbolism and it is very ironic that the leaders of the church refuse to acknowledge this.
J2 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:03 am Agreed! That was a very brave thing to do. Especially in a YSA ward, where so many young, indoctrinated members are present.

If church was open here and I was at that meeting, I'd have done the same thing. I've got passed the point of caring what other people think. All that matters to me is what the Lord thinks of me at judgment. Will he be my advocate, or will He testify against me? I certainly don't want Him to testify against me because my inaction towards unrighteous dominion lead me away from His example.

All that matters is what the Lord has said. As many have said recently here on the forum, the follow the prophet rhetoric as of late has become pretty scary especially when they state that wearing a mask is Christlike.
Last edited by Sunain on April 25th, 2021, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

TrueFaith wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:37 am I agree with you, you were right to show him he was wrong. I had the same experience a few weeks ago, but that doesn't stop me from going with my big smiling face anyway. We are better than them, make them tell you personally to stop coming so they have to take full responsibility of their condemnation for disobeying the Savior.

"And behold, ye shall meet together oft; and ye shall not forbid any man from coming unto you when ye shall meet together, but suffer them that they may come unto you and forbid them not;
But ye shall pray for them, and shall not cast them out; and if it so be that they come unto you oft ye shall pray for them unto the Father, in my name."
3 Nephi 18:22-23

Keep going maskless and hold your head high. Don't be angry, be confident of your choice to do the right thing. You can set an example for others. We can't let these wicked men get away with this without a fight.
I agree! Personally, it's something I've been contemplating for a while because I am not comfortable sitting in the back of a meeting looking at masked obedient faces. I hear a lot of lies from the pulpit and can spend my time doing better things.

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

sandman45 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:38 am

Welcome to the club my friend! There are many of us 💪🏻. We follow Christ. Not man.
Exactly. Sometimes following church leaders and the Spirit are not simultaneously compatible.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

My husband was pretty much TBM until covid. I read him your story, and he approves of your walking out 100%. You now have adoptive grandparents in North Texas (where our temple could be open according to local guidelines, but isn’t, because of church rules).

My grandkids are ages 12 - 22. You’d fit right in 😎

Gadianton Slayer
Level 34 Illuminated

Lizzy60 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:44 am My husband was pretty much TBM until covid. I read him your story, and he approves of your walking out 100%. You now have adoptive grandparents in North Texas
My grandkids are ages 12 - 22. You’d fit right in 😎
That's good to hear!! Thank you haha!
Lizzy60 wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:44 am (where our temple could be open according to local guidelines, but isn’t, because of church rules).
This is a pattern... not a good one...

CosmicMind
captain of 100

Post by CosmicMind »

NewEliza wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:32 am
CosmicMind wrote: April 25th, 2021, 11:29 am

There is nothing wrong at all with Walking out of a meeting.

I mean, it’s not like he was whipping people or flipping over tables!!

Wait
Walking out of a meeting is one thing; which is perfectly fine-I've walked out of meetings before when really bad falsities are being taught and I just can't take it anymore.

It was the following which caused me pause: "I stood up, looked him in the eye, shook my head, and walked out of the building."

For what purpose was this done: specifically looking him in the eye, shaking the head and leaving.
OP states why: "I wanted every person in that room to know that is why I walked out, and I pray to God that I was not the only one."

It becomes very dangerous (not unallowable) just very dangerous to the soul to do as such. When one is engaged in public open opposition such as this, it becomes dangerous. Again not unallowable, one just much exercise tremendous caution. One's heart must be pure and one must be willing to submit to the higher authorities discipline (if there is one) for doing so.

To publicly shake your head, walk out and then state you will never set foot again in the Church is not the Christian path but the revolutionary path. Very bad for one's soul.

It is in effect telling others, that they should be following you as a leader vs. the current leaders (you are telling others this b/c you quit). It is a very, very dangerous game to play.