You know what? I'm going to say it

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
AGoodGlobalCitizen
captain of 100

You know what? I'm going to say it

Post by AGoodGlobalCitizen »

I really think the Japanese are part of scattered Israel and perhaps more rooted to Israel's history than we realize.

I am not saying Japan's country is perfect. I am not saying evil is absent from their history. I think what they have and represent is something beautiful and in many ways untainted from the world (at this point in time).

The Japanese are a more collective (rather than individualistic) culture where the good of the society, culture and heritage is a driving force to their values. Contrast that with other nations that seek to destroy their heritage and values. Progressive trends of the world are not nearly as deeply-rooted in their culture (though they are present, and sadly, probably growing) as more Western nations.

They aren't ashamed of being a Japanese nation for Japanese people. Honor, conserving their way of society, the greater good, these things drive them and they remind me more of a Zion people than most nations on the earth today.

I think that light of Christ is burning inside of them in a special way due to them being part of the Lost Tribes of Israel and while they face growing issues in their society, I think their more conservative unity is evidence of their Israelite lineage.

I think there is such a (maybe inspired?) magic to the worlds created from the values and imagination found in Japanese culture

I think the nation of Japan and the people of Japanese descent will play a huge role in righteousness blossoming during these great and dreadful last days

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: You know what? I'm going to say it

Post by Cruiserdude »

AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: โ†‘March 15th, 2021, 8:31 pm I really think the Japanese are part of scattered Israel and perhaps more rooted to Israel's history than we realize.

I am not saying Japan's country is perfect. I am not saying evil is absent from their history. I think what they have and represent is something beautiful and in many ways untainted from the world (at this point in time).

The Japanese are a more collective (rather than individualistic) culture where the good of the society, culture and heritage is a driving force to their values. Contrast that with other nations that seek to destroy their heritage and values. Progressive trends of the world are not nearly as deeply-rooted in their culture (though they are present, and sadly, probably growing) as more Western nations.

They aren't ashamed of being a Japanese nation for Japanese people. Honor, conserving their way of society, the greater good, these things drive them and they remind me more of a Zion people than most nations on the earth today.

I think that light of Christ is burning inside of them in a special way due to them being part of the Lost Tribes of Israel and while they face growing issues in their society, I think their more conservative unity is evidence of their Israelite lineage.

I think there is such a (maybe inspired?) magic to the worlds created from the values and imagination found in Japanese culture

I think the nation of Japan and the people of Japanese descent will play a huge role in righteousness blossoming during these great and dreadful last days
I'm convinced Japanese had the truth in the past. Check out their ancient sport of sumo wrestling. The temple, the traditions, etc. It's incredible. I wish I had a link or video, but I saw it on PBS or something like that. Awesome
I love their culture too. Their attention to detail, their honor, family, heritage, culture, yeah they're an awesome people man๐Ÿ˜Ž

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

The Chinese have good traditions, too. The emperor was considered to be the son of God. Though corrupted, they have elements of the gospel. They are under the boot of communism right now.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Chip wrote: โ†‘March 15th, 2021, 8:53 pm The Chinese have good traditions, too. The emperor was considered to be the son of God. Though corrupted, they have elements of the gospel. They are under the boot of communism right now.
yeah, have you seen those Christian meanings in Chinese writing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA-AkJzpKmg

or if you prefer just dramatic music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYY1k-jIJuc

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

The Japanese are also on the whole, anti-vax

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Cruiserdude wrote: โ†‘March 15th, 2021, 8:42 pm . . . . . I'm convinced Japanese had the truth in the past. Check out their ancient sport of sumo wrestling. The temple, the traditions, etc. It's incredible. I wish I had a link or video, but I saw it on PBS or something like that. Awesome
I love their culture too. Their attention to detail, their honor, family, heritage, culture, yeah they're an awesome people man๐Ÿ˜Ž
I have a nephew that married the daughter of a woman married to a Yakuza king-pin . . . . .

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

Random mission story from Japan:
Members pointed out to me that during certain festivals, the Japanese chant four words before hoisting a somewhat Ark of the Covenant looking object and carrying it through town. The four words were of unknown meaning to the Japanese for at least hundreds of years, but are now known to almost sound like they are simply counting to four in older style Hebrew.

They don't carry that thing reverently, though. They jostle and shake it around with great vigor as they run it around, like there could be nothing more exciting in all their lives.

Another topically related note is how beautifully they tend to preserve their social roots against social justice decay. Final Fantasy VII Remake, being just a year old now, didn't make any feminist or LGBTQPBBBQ concessions whatsoever compared to the original, which surprised and pleased me in the era of Disney Star Wars.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Jamescm wrote: โ†‘March 16th, 2021, 3:19 pm Random mission story from Japan:
Members pointed out to me that during certain festivals, the Japanese chant four words before hoisting a somewhat Ark of the Covenant looking object and carrying it through town. The four words were of unknown meaning to the Japanese for at least hundreds of years, but are now known to almost sound like they are simply counting to four in older style Hebrew.

They don't carry that thing reverently, though. They jostle and shake it around with great vigor as they run it around, like there could be nothing more exciting in all their lives.

Another topically related note is how beautifully they tend to preserve their social roots against social justice decay. Final Fantasy VII Remake, being just a year old now, didn't make any feminist or LGBTQPBBBQ concessions whatsoever compared to the original, which surprised and pleased me in the era of Disney Star Wars.
Dude, you're right. They remade Final Fantasy VII? That might be the best story and RPG I ever played. Chrono Trigger is right up there too ๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค 
I also forgot the best RPG Nintendo games growing up were always Japanese! The Final Fantasys, the Dragon Warriors, etc๐Ÿ˜Ž
That would be an incredible mission. I have mad respect for Japan and their way of life and culture
And don't even get me going on Toyota...I'm a Yota junkie. Which is hands down far and away the best auto manufacturer๐Ÿ˜ I LOVE the Toyota Way.
My affinity for Land Cruisers started at 16 with my old got me into Toyota, and not just their cars and trucks, their way of life.
The principles taught in Toyota way(it's kind of a spin on lean manufacturing) are based on eternal principles.
It should be a way of life for ALL, not just manufacturing....but I'll hop off my soapbox now :lol: