Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf breaks church’s policy related to political donations from church leaders; Donated to Biden

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf breaks church’s policy related to political donations from church leaders; Donated to Biden

Post by Luke »

seaanemone wrote: March 15th, 2021, 9:36 am
Fred wrote: March 15th, 2021, 9:29 am Biden is certainly a dedicated Disciple of Satan. As are any that follow him.
And your evidence, sir?
The man supports abortion...

Theosis
captain of 10

Re: Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf breaks church’s policy related to political donations from church leaders; Donated to Biden

Post by Theosis »

Luke wrote: March 15th, 2021, 9:52 am
Fred wrote: March 15th, 2021, 9:29 am Biden is certainly a dedicated Disciple of Satan. As are any that follow him.
And your evidence, sir?
There are a lot of reasons to be open to abortion WITHOUT it being evidence of discipleship to Satan.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Theosis wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:28 am
And your evidence, sir?
There are a lot of reasons to be open to abortion WITHOUT it being evidence of discipleship to Satan.
If you support something like abortion, a practice from hell itself, then you are either wittingly or unwittingly following the devil

One above all
captain of 100

Post by One above all »

Luke wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:30 am

And your evidence, sir?
If you support something like abortion, a practice from hell itself, then you are either wittingly or unwittingly following the devil
Do you feel abortion is the worst thing about this country?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

And your evidence, sir?
There is absolutely NO reason to be open to abortion. It is evil and Satanic.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

'I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.' - Ronald Reagan

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:40 am There is absolutely NO reason to be open to abortion. It is evil and Satanic.
As a form of birth control, it is definitely evil and Satanic. I do believe though that the church leaving the option open for those that have been raped is okay but even then things like the morning after pill can be taken by rape victims to stop even getting to the abortion stage.

Theosis
captain of 10

Post by Theosis »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:40 am

And your evidence, sir?
There is absolutely NO reason to be open to abortion. It is evil and Satanic.
Sit in front of the one (I have) of many thousands of women in Africa, stolen from their homes and forced into sexual slavery and listen to their stories of how they were systematically raped and given abortion drugs to keep them from becoming pregnant. Or, in front of a 14 yr old girl raped by her father and given the option of an abortion and weep as they contemplate it.

I am no way in favor of elective abortions of healthy fetuses (I find it abhorrent) but I absolutely see the wisdom in God allowing such measures to be available to keep his precious daughters from hellish reminders of the horrors of this world. I could not believe in a God who in infinite wisdom, would not allow such measures to be taken.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

seaanemone wrote: March 15th, 2021, 2:03 am
sandman45 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:49 am
seaanemone wrote: March 14th, 2021, 6:17 pm
sandman45 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 6:06 pm

Lol someone has TDS. Look ALL politicians have their sins just look at the Biden’s. Sex and human trafficking, pedophilia, bribery, murder, etc etc

I’d trust someone who is going after adult women more than someone who likes and goes after kids
Oh look! Someone who has I-believe-everything-on-the-internet-including QAnon syndrome. I used to wonder why so many of God's laws put lying in the same category as adultery and murder. Now with the rampant advent of murdering truth, I don't doubt why it's so bad. Truth does matter. Michael Cohen's book gives you a pretty good idea about Trump's character both on a moral front and integrity front. He'll literally do anything to "get gain." Throwing a red herring about Biden doesn't make Trump an innocent knight in white armor. Let's stick with actual evidence I've brought up instead of the internet's meme of the month, shall we? Biden's policies may not always be pleasing, but he's no pedophile.
Oh look a pedophilia defender and someone who loves anti life policies and anti freedom.

Watch out everyone he is a blue anon supporter. The conspiracy that Democrats are pushing that extreme right trump supporters and qanon will storm the White House and remove the illegitimate president.

Just look through Biden’s, Clinton’s, Bushes, Obama’s track record and all the evil they have committed. Endless wars, human trafficking, drug wars, pushing eugenics and all kinds of wickedness.

Everyone (establishment) hates Trump because he went against it. Who else went against it? Kennedy’s, Reagan, Lincoln...

Stop regurgitating the propaganda from your technocrat tyrants to pushing your thoughts and beliefs on others and defending their chosen ones (Biden).

Explain all his sniffing of children and other sick sex crimes. You must be part of the trafficking problem.

Why don’t you go back to your worshipping of the golden calf of Babylon and let us worship The one true God.
Hi, Sandman,
You don't know me so why are you throwing around all that mean/weird talk? First of all, I'm a woman.

I would never support trafficking and especially not any sort of pedophilia. Look at my posts about Donald Trump and you'll see exactly where I stand regarding sexual assault -- even bragging about sexual assault.

The accusations of Biden sniffing and that whole nipple touching thing are bizarre at best. Why would a pedophile do that stuff out in the open where they're being filmed and photographed? That defies all logic.

Besides, the last pedophile I ran into was my former bishop who is a Republican who is now serving time in a federal prison. So pardon me if I don't jump on the pedophiles-are-Democrats train. My husband who works in law enforcement was falsely blamed by many members in our ward for this guys' arrest even though my husband didn't work on the crimes against children squad and the ex-bishop got caught sending known and flagged child sex photos over the internet and got flagged when he hit send. We actually were ostracized for being affiliated with an organization that arrests pedophiles. This particular Republican had over 37000 child sex abuse videos and pics on his phone and was as deviant as they come. We ended up moving just so I wouldn't have to live across from that really sick guy when he gets out of prison. It literally crushed my heart with sorrow to know that as a nursery leader I let him come in and help with the kids when we were understaffed as well as sending young women to meet with him for interviews and BYC as a YW leader. Hardly a week goes by when I don't cry for all the kids and teens who may have been violated by him because of the trust that went with his position and my naiveness.

My family has either been in law enforcement or been judges or prosecuting attorneys for multiple generations. We fight evil, not embrace it.

I'm most certainly antiwar unless it strictly is in defense and appreciated very much when Trump made a quick policy change on Syria and didn't drag us into that.

I don't embrace Babylon
If you asked me for assistance and it were in my power, I'd try to help you. If you needed a roof over your head, I'd let you move in. I actually would sell all I have to follow the Savior. I'd also subject myself to your belittling comments to encourage you to do the same and to love your enemies rather than believing the worst of them.

But by the same principles I hold dear, I'll call you out if you're embracing lies because I care enough about your peace of mind to say maybe you need to evaluate where you're putting your trust if you're being blatantly mislead. If a source you're following is fearmongering with no basis in reality, no evidence, and no witnesses, I'll say something. Truth matters to me. And I don't want you wounded by lies.

And while I've already irritated you, I'll also break it to you that the earth is not flat, the trip to the moon was the real deal, the dinosaurs roamed the earth way longer in the past than humans, the apostles and prophet are not fallen, the Book of Mormon is true, the pandemic is real and was a warning for earth's inhabitants to repent and be their brothers' keeper, and the vaccine is not a mark of the beast. However, if you don't want the vaccine, more power to you. I don't think it's anyone else's business if you don't think it's safe and want to go unvaccinated.

If folks try to blitz the White House and destroy our nation by perseverating on having the election stolen even though a bunch of judges in a bunch of different states who were appointed by Trump and a supreme court with Trump appointees all said or implied there wasn't any evidence to show the election was invalid, then I guess 3 Nephi and the fall of this nation will begin. I don't recommend that route because I like peace, but you do you, Boo.

And before you imply I'm not a patriot, understand this. My ancestors in large part came here on the Mayflower. My direct ancestor was General Sullivan of the Revolutionary War. My family has fought for this nation since its beginning. I love this nation and I love those who uphold the Constitution. But I don't tolerate lies. Show the evidence or zip it. Blabbing about things you can't prove is a compete waste of time.

Try not to murder truth by getting all cult-y and following whatever wind of conspiracy blows through your hair. You'll be a lot happier and more at peace if you don't waste your time practicing TuckerCarlsonolotry or worshipping any other folks who make their livelihoods coming up with opinions meant to enrage their followers rather than having a basis in fact just so they can raise their ratings and make more money.

I'm sure you're a good person. I'm sure you think you're saving the world by bashing anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. But I would exhort you to think about checking for evidence of things before spreading falsehoods. No good can come from tacking false crimes onto someone even if they don't politically agree with you.
>first of all, I'm a woman

Lol, do you want a medal? I'm seriously trying to understand how your gender has any relevance lmao.

Also, the argument that the pedophilia is happening out in the open so therefore it can't be true is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Im truly stupefied that someone could follow that line of mental gymnastics just so they can evade cognitive dissonance.

Finally, knowing some lawyers, cops, and judges doesn't automatically make your opinion correct. I know some too and that doesn't make me automatically right either. And just because your bishop was a pedophile doesn't mean other people in high places can't be pedophiles either.

Here's an article that explains the psychological reasoning behind why you're defending the evil system that is also destroying you:

https://off-guardian.org/2021/03/12/on- ... cy-denier/

I find it highly relevant in your case, I highly recommend reading it.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Sunain wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:48 am
Lizzy60 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:40 am There is absolutely NO reason to be open to abortion. It is evil and Satanic.
As a form of birth control, it is definitely evil and Satanic. I do believe though that the church leaving the option open for those that have been raped is okay but even then things like the morning after pill can be taken by rape victims to stop even getting to the abortion stage.
Most members feel the church stance on this ok. But we rarely read the continued clarification (from the church) that it is highly discouraged even with rape, incest, etc. Even that I have a hard time justifying.

Maybe we should ask the unborn child their opinion on being born or not...

EvanLM
captain of 1,000

Post by EvanLM »

sandman45 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 6:06 pm

Lol someone has TDS. Look ALL politicians have their sins just look at the Biden’s. Sex and human trafficking, pedophilia, bribery, murder, etc etc

I’d trust someone who is going after adult women more than someone who likes and goes after kids
Oh look! Someone who has I-believe-everything-on-the-internet-including QAnon syndrome. I used to wonder why so many of God's laws put lying in the same category as adultery and murder. Now with the rampant advent of murdering truth, I don't doubt why it's so bad. Truth does matter. Michael Cohen's book gives you a pretty good idea about Trump's character both on a moral front and integrity front. He'll literally do anything to "get gain." Throwing a red herring about Biden doesn't make Trump an innocent knight in white armor. Let's stick with actual evidence I've brought up instead of the internet's meme of the month, shall we? Biden's policies may not always be pleasing, but he's no pedophile.
Oh look a pedophilia defender and someone who loves anti life policies and anti freedom.

Watch out everyone he is a blue anon supporter. The conspiracy that Democrats are pushing that extreme right trump supporters and qanon will storm the White House and remove the illegitimate president.

Just look through Biden’s, Clinton’s, Bushes, Obama’s track record and all the evil they have committed. Endless wars, human trafficking, drug wars, pushing eugenics and all kinds of wickedness.

Everyone (establishment) hates Trump because he went against it. Who else went against it? Kennedy’s, Reagan, Lincoln...

Stop regurgitating the propaganda from your technocrat tyrants to pushing your thoughts and beliefs on others and defending their chosen ones (Biden).

Explain all his sniffing of children and other sick sex crimes. You must be part of the trafficking problem.

Why don’t you go back to your worshipping of the golden calf of Babylon and let us worship The one true God.
Hi, Sandman,
You don't know me so why are you throwing around all that mean/weird talk? First of all, I'm a woman.

I would never support trafficking and especially not any sort of pedophilia. Look at my posts about Donald Trump and you'll see exactly where I stand regarding sexual assault -- even bragging about sexual assault.

The accusations of Biden sniffing and that whole nipple touching thing are bizarre at best. Why would a pedophile do that stuff out in the open where they're being filmed and photographed? That defies all logic.

Besides, the last pedophile I ran into was my former bishop who is a Republican who is now serving time in a federal prison. So pardon me if I don't jump on the pedophiles-are-Democrats train. My husband who works in law enforcement was falsely blamed by many members in our ward for this guys' arrest even though my husband didn't work on the crimes against children squad and the ex-bishop got caught sending known and flagged child sex photos over the internet and got flagged when he hit send. We actually were ostracized for being affiliated with an organization that arrests pedophiles. This particular Republican had over 37000 child sex abuse videos and pics on his phone and was as deviant as they come. We ended up moving just so I wouldn't have to live across from that really sick guy when he gets out of prison. It literally crushed my heart with sorrow to know that as a nursery leader I let him come in and help with the kids when we were understaffed as well as sending young women to meet with him for interviews and BYC as a YW leader. Hardly a week goes by when I don't cry for all the kids and teens who may have been violated by him because of the trust that went with his position and my naiveness.

My family has either been in law enforcement or been judges or prosecuting attorneys for multiple generations. We fight evil, not embrace it.

I'm most certainly antiwar unless it strictly is in defense and appreciated very much when Trump made a quick policy change on Syria and didn't drag us into that.

I don't embrace Babylon
If you asked me for assistance and it were in my power, I'd try to help you. If you needed a roof over your head, I'd let you move in. I actually would sell all I have to follow the Savior. I'd also subject myself to your belittling comments to encourage you to do the same and to love your enemies rather than believing the worst of them.

But by the same principles I hold dear, I'll call you out if you're embracing lies because I care enough about your peace of mind to say maybe you need to evaluate where you're putting your trust if you're being blatantly mislead. If a source you're following is fearmongering with no basis in reality, no evidence, and no witnesses, I'll say something. Truth matters to me. And I don't want you wounded by lies.

And while I've already irritated you, I'll also break it to you that the earth is not flat, the trip to the moon was the real deal, the dinosaurs roamed the earth way longer in the past than humans, the apostles and prophet are not fallen, the Book of Mormon is true, the pandemic is real and was a warning for earth's inhabitants to repent and be their brothers' keeper, and the vaccine is not a mark of the beast. However, if you don't want the vaccine, more power to you. I don't think it's anyone else's business if you don't think it's safe and want to go unvaccinated.

If folks try to blitz the White House and destroy our nation by perseverating on having the election stolen even though a bunch of judges in a bunch of different states who were appointed by Trump and a supreme court with Trump appointees all said or implied there wasn't any evidence to show the election was invalid, then I guess 3 Nephi and the fall of this nation will begin. I don't recommend that route because I like peace, but you do you, Boo.

And before you imply I'm not a patriot, understand this. My ancestors in large part came here on the Mayflower. My direct ancestor was General Sullivan of the Revolutionary War. My family has fought for this nation since its beginning. I love this nation and I love those who uphold the Constitution. But I don't tolerate lies. Show the evidence or zip it. Blabbing about things you can't prove is a compete waste of time.

Try not to murder truth by getting all cult-y and following whatever wind of conspiracy blows through your hair. You'll be a lot happier and more at peace if you don't waste your time practicing TuckerCarlsonolotry or worshipping any other folks who make their livelihoods coming up with opinions meant to enrage their followers rather than having a basis in fact just so they can raise their ratings and make more money.

I'm sure you're a good person. I'm sure you think you're saving the world by bashing anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion. But I would exhort you to think about checking for evidence of things before spreading falsehoods. No good can come from tacking false crimes onto someone even if they don't politically agree with you.
yea, well thanks for letting us all know who you are- that makes your deception all the more believable (sarcasm) You have proved that you are a personal expert. You know.,

One of the things that is going to make people leave Christ (not the church, Christ) in the last days is that they will not be able to admit they have been wrong. Wrong about God's laws. In other words: A (prideful) belief that they are right. Most people on this forum have provided documented evidence, but you only "feel" that he wouldn't flaunt it. You're not very good at detecting Satan, now, are you. He loves to flaunt his sins and loves mortals to flaunt and especially flaunt the fact that he is getting away with it.

You just thought the large and spacious building referred to money. Nope. Sin, too. Flaunting sin and asking you to be a part of it or be laughed at. Hilary's laugh, the laugh of wicked. Please, entertain me more as I am witness to your great story.

One above all
captain of 100

Post by One above all »

EvanLM wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:00 am

Hi, Sandman,

I don't embrace Babylon

yea, well thanks for letting us all know who you are- that makes your deception all the more believable (sarcasm) You have proved that you are a personal expert. You know.,

One of the things that is going to make people leave Christ (not the church, Christ) in the last days is that they will not be able to admit they have been wrong. Wrong about God's laws. In other words: A (prideful) belief that they are right. Most people on this forum have provided documented evidence, but you only "feel" that he wouldn't flaunt it. You're not very good at detecting Satan, now, are you. He loves to flaunt his sins and loves mortals to flaunt and especially flaunt the fact that he is getting away with it.

You just thought the large and spacious building referred to money. Nope. Sin, too. Flaunting sin and asking you to be a part of it or be laughed at. Hilary's laugh, the laugh of wicked. Please, entertain me more as I am witness to your great story.
Entertain you? Come on man! Now was saying something like that Christlike. We are all broken, you me everyone on this forum. I believe what I believe right now. But I am humble enough to be proven wrong. I don't believe what Uchdorf did was that horrible of thing, but once again if I get confirmation it was then I will believe. The one's on this forum who have drawn the line in the sand as far as I'm concerned are the ones condemning the Church and Uchdorf. I will always defend the Apostles and the Church. If I am wrong I will admit it.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

One above all wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:35 am

It's definitely one of the top 3.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

Chip wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:24 am
teddyaware wrote: March 14th, 2021, 11:56 pm
Love wrote: March 14th, 2021, 8:53 pm
AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: March 14th, 2021, 1:21 pm

That is Klaus Schwab, someone the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints leadership is literally following. I'm assuming the user you quoted uses that as their icon as a reminder of the awful situation we are in

Well said. I'm not saying I think Trump is everything his diehard supporters think he is, I understand he simply could be appealing to a crowd, but I do think he is fighting good fights, waking people up and the sheer rage that is thrown against him, efforts to silence him and "his" movement and how much the country has changed since he stepped into the ring add to my feelings that he isn't another Bush or Clinton.

I don't think his deplorable crowd are all righteous and good people, but I think many (most, maybe) are at the very least good/solid people and they realize America has changed for the worse. I think they are the biggest group in the country that is awake to some extent of our awful situation.

I'm not sold on the Q thing but I'd like to believe it's true. I think the Trump crowd errs in thinking Trump is secretly still president, but maybe I'm wrong and they're right.

Does anyone think it’s possible
The church sends representatives to infiltrating the ranks of these organizations to be an influence for good. If they rule the world maybe goodness can spread.
The church walks a tightrope between pleasing others and persecution of beliefs. It would be hard to navigate our “Global Church”

I personally know we are losing fellow saints over many issues. Such as

https://sltrib.com/news/education/2021/ ... byu-light/

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/02/08/ ... lid-its-b/

As for me I feel like we are like Moroni watching the destruction of our nation.

I chose Gods Side along time ago. No matter what I feel like the big 10 never change. I promised to keep them, God knows my heart and intentions. That has to be enough. No matter what anyone does. I look in the mirror every morning, I do everything thinking I will meet my maker. ❤️
You are correct. What we’re seeing is part of a strategy because the leaders know we’re engulfed in a continuation of the war in heaven that’s continuing on earth. President Russell recently testified that it’s now essential for every member to have the spirit of prophesy in order to be enabled to safely navigate through the dangerous waters at this time of great deception. Why? Because it would be very dangerous at this point in time for the Church leaders to openly announce that the worldwide secret combination of the last days, prophesied by Moroni in Ether 8, is now in the process of attempting to enslave the entire world, as doing so would create widespread panic and paralyzing fear among the members of the Church. In addition, if such an announcement were made, Nephi’s prophesied persecution of the Church of Christ, throughout the world in the last days (1 Nephi 14), would occur before the Church is fully prepared for that to happen.

In fact, just between you and me, it would be best for those of us who have the spirit of prophecy and are aware of what’s actually going on to keep this knowledge about the leader’s “wise as serpents” strategy to ourselves because we don’t want to take the chance of tipping off the enemy to what’s really occurring. So if you’d like to discuss this with me further (I know a lot about it) we’ll have to do it via private messages. All the best to someone who’s figured it out!
You could have been an Olympic gymnast.

The problem here is that they are ENTHUSIASTIC about the secret combo's plans. That rubs off on members who dismiss their own gut feelings (Holy Spirit?) in order to stay aligned with the prophet, because they've been abused (yes, ABUSED) into the belief of infallibility of leadership.

Be ye not deceived.

We are responsible for following Jesus. There is little safety in following men, and that's what the church has become all about.
And yet THEY themselves plead and plead and plead with us to Hear HIM! But our human nature is to keep trying to emulate and hear only them!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

One above all wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:07 am I will always defend the Apostles and the Church. If I am wrong I will admit it.
Unfortunately, the church doesn't hold the same standards as you do. The church only admits things when they get their hand caught in the cookie jar. Or when two church historians get blown up by homemade bombs.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Allison wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:09 am

The church sends representatives to infiltrating the ranks of these organizations to be an influence for good. If they rule the world maybe goodness can spread.
The church walks a tightrope between pleasing others and persecution of beliefs. It would be hard to navigate our “Global Church”

As for me I feel like we are like Moroni watching the destruction of our nation.

I chose Gods Side along time ago. No matter what I feel like the big 10 never change. I promised to keep them, God knows my heart and intentions. That has to be enough. No matter what anyone does. I look in the mirror every morning, I do everything thinking I will meet my maker. ❤️
You are correct. What we’re seeing is part of a strategy because the leaders know we’re engulfed in a continuation of the war in heaven that’s continuing on earth. President Russell recently testified that it’s now essential for every member to have the spirit of prophesy in order to be enabled to safely navigate through the dangerous waters at this time of great deception. Why? Because it would be very dangerous at this point in time for the Church leaders to openly announce that the worldwide secret combination of the last days, prophesied by Moroni in Ether 8, is now in the process of attempting to enslave the entire world, as doing so would create widespread panic and paralyzing fear among the members of the Church. In addition, if such an announcement were made, Nephi’s prophesied persecution of the Church of Christ, throughout the world in the last days (1 Nephi 14), would occur before the Church is fully prepared for that to happen.

In fact, just between you and me, it would be best for those of us who have the spirit of prophecy and are aware of what’s actually going on to keep this knowledge about the leader’s “wise as serpents” strategy to ourselves because we don’t want to take the chance of tipping off the enemy to what’s really occurring. So if you’d like to discuss this with me further (I know a lot about it) we’ll have to do it via private messages. All the best to someone who’s figured it out!

The problem here is that they are ENTHUSIASTIC about the secret combo's plans. That rubs off on members who dismiss their own gut feelings (Holy Spirit?) in order to stay aligned with the prophet, because they've been abused (yes, ABUSED) into the belief of infallibility of leadership.

Be ye not deceived.

We are responsible for following Jesus. There is little safety in following men, and that's what the church has become all about.
And yet THEY themselves plead and plead and plead with us to Hear HIM! But our human nature is to keep trying to emulate and hear only them!

"Please listen to Him, because what we're saying and doing is completely different!" It's almost as if they know. And they feel bad about it, so they try to "make up for it" by telling us "Hey, we might be leading you to hell... so.. uhh, just in case... we are legally required to say that you guys better listen to God."

P.S. can someone make a cartoon of RMN and Klaus Schwab going skiing together?

Theosis
captain of 10

Post by Theosis »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:09 am

It's definitely one of the top 3.
Then it should excite you, perhaps even change your opinion about he state of the USA, that abortion levels continue to decrease. https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2019/09/ ... e-not-main

The fact is, between education and prevention, abortions in the USA and throughout most of the world (parts of Africa still exception) abortions are dropping dramatically. God is blessing us through education and medical service availability. The world continues to improve.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I assume by "this country" you meant the US. I don't live there. But if that's what you meant, then yes, it's certainly one of them

What can be worse than murdering innocent offspring? It is the complete inversion of the command to "multiply and replenish the earth"

It's the same reason homosexuality is abhorrent

Theosis
captain of 10

Post by Theosis »

Luke wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:23 am

I assume by "this country" you meant the US. I don't live there. But if that's what you meant, then yes, it's certainly one of them

What can be worse than murdering innocent offspring? It is the complete inversion of the command to "multiply and replenish the earth"

Interestingly, abortion rates DECLINE when abortion is made legal. More must be done worldwide to educate people on prevention. I wholly agree that abortion, as a practice of prevention, is against God's will and counter to His plan. But, I also believe in His wisdom these remedies are made available to the most deserving.

One above all
captain of 100

Post by One above all »

Luke wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:23 am

This is the precisely the reason why prospective members cannot be baptized unless authorized by the First presidency. The Church in most cases is against. I came across this situation on my mission. A lady we were teaching had an abortion because she was raped and it still had to go to the first presidency.

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:14 am

Be ye not deceived.

"Please listen to Him, because what we're saying and doing is completely different!" It's almost as if they know. And they feel bad about it, so they try to "make up for it" by telling us "Hey, we might be leading you to hell... so.. uhh, just in case... we are legally required to say that you guys better listen to God."

P.S. can someone make a cartoon of RMN and Klaus Schwab going skiing together?

I do think there is a tendency to be too hard on them without knowing all of the facts, not that I do, either. But we forget how savage and totalitarian some regimes in the world have been about the lockdown in all its forms. The Brethren have had to come up with a universal position that doesn’t get our people destroyed in some of those parts of the world where the few and far between new sprouts of wheat are surrounded on all sides by tares.

They don’t have to look out for the new members in small numbers who are in far flung parts of the world, but if something like that has been their concern, I understand and appreciate it. We just really can’t know what they know, but to the extent that I am Hearing Him, I feel peace about letting them do what they have to do, while following my own path, as they have allowed.
Last edited by Allison on March 15th, 2021, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Theosis wrote: March 15th, 2021, 11:30 am Interestingly, abortion rates DECLINE when abortion is made legal.
No they don't. This is ridiculous. Great example of how people will believe or say anything to support their ideals and how data can be interpreted to mean anything you want it to mean.

Abortion rates decline as access to birth control becomes more available, not because abortion is legal. The NBC report I saw that stated this was playing very loose with causation and didn't look at the actual data accumulated prior to widespread access to birth control.

The united states went from < 1000 abortions per year to 1.5 million abortions in 15 years post Roe v Wade. That legal abortion stuff sure put a damper on abortion here.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

AGoodGlobalCitizen wrote: March 12th, 2021, 1:01 pm I'm speechless.

Like him or dislike him, Trump is far more a modern-day prophet than the church's 15 "prophets, seers, and revelators"

Who is reviled, loathed and attacked by the whore of Babylon non-stop? Who issues calls to repentance? Who calls out sin? Who stands with the pro-life movement?

Even if you can't stand Trump, he is by far more like Lehi and Jeremiah than any alleged prophet in the church.
That's an interesting take. "The devil doesn't care about the Church and it's members right now, he cares about Donald Trump's and his supporters.". It is a true statement.

That aside, I feel like Elder Uchtdorf's explanation is correct. Someone in his family that is -not- him or his wife used a financial account under his name. It feels right, and it's not like this is Elder Oaks or someone who would certainly seem to do something like that.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Be ye not deceived.

It seems that when some of them say, “Hear Him,” what they really mean is, “hear me because my office should convince you that I speak for Him.”

Allison
captain of 1,000

Post by Allison »

4Joshua8 wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:11 pm

Be ye not deceived.

It seems that when some of them say, “Hear Him,” what they really mean is, “hear me because my office should convince you that I speak for Him.”
Could be. They’re not perfect and there could also be some problem ones. But it is our privilege to receive (or NOT receive) a confirmation of the Spirit on everything said over the pulpit. The responsibility is ours, but many forget that.