Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum...

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum...

Post by righteousrepublic »

Why does my edit button disappear after a time? I can post something and later when I want to modify it, there is no edit post feature. Anybody else have this issue?

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Is there a chat room function? That would be cool

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

righteousrepublic wrote: ↑February 23rd, 2021, 5:09 pm Why does my edit button disappear after a time? I can post something and later when I want to modify it, there is no edit post feature. Anybody else have this issue?
Yes. Me I talked about it on a thread, and someone else had the same problem. Apparently, Brian has put a limit on how many days we can edit a post.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

XEmilyX wrote: ↑February 23rd, 2021, 7:55 pm Is there a chat room function? That would be cool
I'm not interested in this site having a chatroom, but it would be cool if we could @ someone in a thread and have them notified. I don't know if the format of the forum would allow something like that, though.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

On a different forum I used to frequent, before I knew there was a decent gospel forum, we had a sticky thread that was always at the top that had thousands and thousands of pages of just chit chat. We basically used that as chat window/thread....
Like if here we were to have a thread stickied and titled 'Daily chit chat' or something, and we could basically use the thread for chatting real time stuff. It was cool, I think I kinda use everyone's threads here in that way lololol πŸ˜‚ hopefully I haven't offended too many of the thread authors for doing it😁

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑February 24th, 2021, 11:19 am
XEmilyX wrote: ↑February 23rd, 2021, 7:55 pm Is there a chat room function? That would be cool
I'm not interested in this site having a chatroom, but it would be cool if we could @ someone in a thread and have them notified. I don't know if the format of the forum would allow something like that, though.
That would be cool. 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36252&p=541366#p541366

Audios is thread that was locked years ago, but I wanted to reply, and think some locked threads should be unlocked after things settle down a bit.

Maybe add a Unlock Request to the :!: button?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Agreed. This would actually be great

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

How about facilitating a Zoom meeting for LDSFF members?

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

I think live chat could be fun, especially this group πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

Live chat would be fun so long as users were responsible. LDSFF wouldnt be able to have real-time moderators like twitch or youtube to guard against spammers, obscenity, abuse etc. Maybe making it usable for people with a certain post count to keep out any riffraff since longer-term members are more likely to follow guidelines.