From Lundbaek

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

From Lundbaek

Post by lundbaek »

I just asked AZ Congressional Representative Andy Biggs to initiate impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden for fomenting and encouraging illegal immigration into the USA and for not honouring his responsibility to "...take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.". May I appeal to each of you to make a similar request of your congressional representative and/or any Republican representative of your state.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: From Lundbaek

Post by lundbaek »

lundbaek wrote: February 14th, 2021, 11:27 pm I just asked AZ Congressional Representative Andy Biggs to initiate impeachment proceedings against Joe Biden for fomenting and encouraging illegal immigration into the USA and for not honouring his responsibility to "...take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.". May I appeal to each of you to make a similar request of your congressional representative and/or any Republican representative of your state.
I realize that probably nothing will happen. If nothing more, just initiating impeachment proceeding will draw attention of at least some Americans to what is going on.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I note that this year, 2022, Sunday 18 September will be the day after Constitution Day, the 235th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, which the Lord himself endorsed in the book of Doctrine and Covenants. Many latter-day prophets, many of the members of the first presidency, and many of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles through the years have urged members of the church to learn, understand, know, defend, and advocate the principles in the inspired Constitution. As you may recall, President Oaks said as much in the April 2021 General Conferences.

I'd like to suggest that at an opportune time between now and then you suggest to your stake presidency and/or bishopric that some kind of recognition of the Constitution be made during sacrament or priesthood and relief society meetings on Sunday 18 September.

Thirty-five years ago President Benson stated in a General Conference that "We are fast approaching that moment prophesied by Joseph Smith when he said: "Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground and when the Constitution is on the brink of ruin this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction."" Without the occasional reminder of the special importance of the U.S. Constitution to Latter-day Saints, I fear that few Latter-day Saints will ever be prepared to assist in bearing the Constitution away from destruction. But I have to say, that I am noting a surge in the numbers of both LDS and non-LDS people participating in Constitution study groups. Let's hope those numbers continue to grow.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Letter to my Area Authority.

Subject: Recognition of Constitution Day in LDS Church wards.

You probably remember that in the April 2021 General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we were advised by President Dallin Oaks that “Our belief in divine inspiration gives Latter-day Saints a unique responsibility to uphold and defend the United States Constitution and principles of constitutionalism where ever we live.... We should learn and advocate the inspired principles of the Constitution.”

This year, Sunday 18 September will be the day after the 235th anniversary of the signing of the United States Constitution, which the Lord Himself endorsed in the book of Doctrine and Covenants. Since then, many latter-day prophets and apostles, many members of the First Presidency, and many of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles through the years have urged Church members to learn, understand, defend, and advocate the principles of the inspired Constitution of the United States. President Oaks said as much in the April 2021 General Conference.

Would you please consider having each ward in your area of eclesiastic responsibility have a talk given in sacrament meeting on the U.S. Constitution and its special significance and importance to Latter-day Saints.