TEXIT

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: TEXIT

Post by TheDuke »

google judge Alito's treatise on secession. There are laws governing it in the constitution. A single state (other than possibly Texas) can not legally do it without a simply majority of a state convention (back to the one vote per state thing talked about for breaking a tie in electoral votes). Way I read it, some time ago, if states call a convention, and vote to allow secession, then each state wishing to secede may do so if authorized by their legislature. It would be possible, given a majority of state legislatures are conservative, while populus isn't. So, NY gets same say as ND.

anyway that is what the SCoTUS has ruled in a non-binding treatise.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

You Don’t Want To Be A Star On Someone Else’s Flag
https://tnm.me/news/commentary/you-dont ... ses-flag-2

George Konstantinidis is the former Eastern Counties Regional Chairman of the UK Independence Party (UKIP) which consists of 52 local constituencies. He is currently a member of the Brexit Party and an advisor to the TNM.
I asked my grandfather who fought in two world wars, just before he died for his blessing and his advice in life. Here is what he said to me.

“Son, you only live once, make sure you do all the things you want to do, or at least try, and you will have a clear conscience. There are so many things that I never did because I was afraid of failure, I never even tried. The only real obstacle was me by setting limits in my mind.”

With that always in mind, as I grew up and faced seemingly impossible tasks, I realised what he really meant. This was especially true when I fought for the independence of Britain (BREXIT). I wanted to ensure that my children would have the opportunity to determine their own future via the ballot box.

Freedom and Democracy are terms that are, in theory, inextricably linked but often are, in reality, big illusions. We often realise that we have neither Freedom nor Democracy. Decisions are made elsewhere for us without us. Independence seemed like an impossible task at first. It turned out to be an incredible journey. It was an odyssey and, in the end, we found our proverbial Ithaca.

For the individual, it starts when you realise and accept that you are not free and you live in a sham democracy. The next step is a no-brainer. You either accept the problem and do something about it, or you pretend it’s not happening, you bury your head in the sand, and avoid confrontation. Throughout history, apathy is the main reason that tyrannies thrive, and liberties succumb to abuse.

Independence For Your Country Is Not An Impossible Task

Independence may seem impossible because it hasn’t happened in your country in your lifetime. But when you really get in the trenches and try you will have a better understanding of what it takes. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Don’t listen to the nay-sayers. After all, who defines what is possible today? The media? The politicians? The so-called experts? Your family and friends? None of these is the final judge on what is and is not possible. Your future is up to you and you alone.

Perhaps the only limitation is that each one of you, individually and collectively, have not really believed that you can achieve what you’ve been told is impossible. Take it from someone who has been exactly where you are right now. You have underestimated your own strengths and most of all you have underestimated your collective power. Texas independence is not just possible but is attainable. It will, no doubt, be difficult because you will enter unchartered territories and be required to do things that you personally and collectively may have never done before. But it is all incredibly exciting and, ultimately, defeats the insanity of doing the same thing repeatedly but expecting a different result.

Don’t Wait For The “Right Time”

If you are personally waiting for the right time to get engaged in the fight for independence, I have one piece of advice for you – don’t. Certainly, there are opportunities that have their own timing, but you can wait all your life for the right timing and it may never come. Every day is the right day. Every moment is the right moment. Once you start, there is no way back and you will know that the time is right. Remember, your enemy will not be ready either because they will never expect you to take the first step.

Success Is Not Solely The Responsibility Of The TNM Leadership

Many of you may look to the success we had in Britain and attribute it solely to one or two leaders. They became the public faces that communicated with the media, grabbed headlines, and rallied the Brexiteers with their speeches.

But Brexit didn’t happen solely because of them. Brexit happened because of the thousands of people who worked in the trenches to knock doors, make phone calls, attend rallies, pay their membership dues, and donate money. The success of Brexit was down to the tireless work of those who volunteered in any capacity.

I was one of those volunteers. When I started, it was just a dream, but I wanted my children to live my dream. That was enough for me to make it a lifetime commitment.

“Freedom is priceless. Many died in the cause. It is our duty to continue fighting for it, not only to honour the sacrifices made but for a brighter future.”

The same is true for the Texas Nationalist Movement. Relying on the leadership to carry the entire burden is not grounded in reality. Everyone has a part to play and everyone must play their part.

You have joined the TNM. This means that you, at least, acknowledge the problems and challenges that Texas independence would solve. But just because you have subscribed and paid your membership fees you cannot expect everything to be done by others who will make the path easy for you. This is not the way to inspire your children and future generations to protect the independence that you are fighting so hard to win.

My Personal Journey

Let me tell you my personal story on how I helped win Brexit.

When I joined the UK Independence Party and became a member, I tried to call my local branch chairman. I could not find them anywhere on a website or the internet. After I persisted, I managed to invite myself to a branch meeting.

To my surprise, when I turned up to the “secret” location, I was met by the branch chairman and the secretary in somebody’s living room. That was the whole branch, two elderly men who passionate loved their country but did not know what else to do. This shows you how primitive the party was in those early days.

It was at this moment that I realised that the Party had nothing to offer me. It had to be me, and I had a lot to offer to the Party.

At the next meeting, I volunteered to become the Branch Chairman. Immediately, I worked hard inspiring and bringing in new members. I organised public meetings, distributed leaflets, stood as a candidate in local elections.

My personal activities meant that the branch started to grow to the extent that the local “smaller branches” wanted to join our branch and come to our meetings. People needed to see that something was happening. They needed engagement. I connected with every new member and engaged them in the day-to-day work of the party. I personally visited every person who joined the party and tried to see what their strengths and weaknesses were, and I gave them a task. This was my strategy.

In the course of a year, I consolidated all the small branches in the County of Bedfordshire to an almighty branch. Eventually, I built the largest branch in the UK. Sharing my passion and experience as I represented my County to the Regional Committee, I found myself in the driving seat of the Region and was soon elected to the position of the Regional Chairman.

At the same time, I stood in every local election and, in 2015, I was a Parliamentary candidate. In an election where I was still handling all of the tasks of a Regional Chairman, I received 20% of votes, by far exceeding my expectations. Our Region led the party in all elections, and we were 1st in both European elections and the Brexit Referendum.

Imagine being the Chairman of the largest branch in the UK, of the most dynamic Region, and Parliamentary candidate all at the same time. If that doesn’t seem like an impossible task, nothing is.

Words Of Advice From A Brexiteer To A Texian

What I described in a few short sentences above was actually 10 years of very hard work, time commitment, and sheer determination to see my country free and independent.

If I did it, so can you. You’ve already a part of the Texas Nationalist Movement. But it takes more than that. If you can make a commitment like I did by saying:

I believe in freedom
I believe in independence
I believe in myself
I believe that my children deserve a better future and more opportunities
I believe in Texas
I believe that the TNM can get us there
… then TEXIT is worth fighting for.

Once you have accepted these, then you have accepted the cause. You overcame apathy and the stage of denial and you have started climbing up a mountain.

Remember that on the way up that mountain, there will be few that will try to make you turn back. You will feel the resistance and you must remain strong and focused. You will be surrounded by people with different agendas, by cowards and traitors who will try to scare you and you must never underestimate the power of the media. You will be told it is the end of the world and you are committing suicide.

Remember that all you are doing is taking back your freedom and independence. You are taking control of your own future and destiny.

This is the death knell for the political establishment and they know it. I remember that initially we were branded “fruitcakes and lunatics” and later “fascists and far right extremists”. And finally, they paraded out so-called experts to tell us that every household will be financially devastated. We were told that we will starve if Brexit happened. Then they put global leaders like Barack Obama, across every television and newspaper declaring that the UK would be the last in the queue for a trade deal with the US. The establishment incessantly repeated that we were doomed to fail. What this meant, however, is that we were winning.

First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. – Mahatma Gandhi

Texians, your country is the most priceless asset you will ever have. It’s worth fighting and even dying for. It’s what defines your past and determines your future. As they used to say in ancient Greece, “History is written by the winners.” Go win.

After all, you are much more than a star on someone else’s flag. – Nigel Farage

Best of luck and God bless your endeavours.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

I sympathize with the feelings of a broken system, however this topic has brought back to my memory a plan to divide up the states into regions and some say that this is part of the NWO plan (agenda 21 or project 2030).
https://www.prepperfortress.com/say-goo ... can-union/

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ihp0Dw-PXJY/hqdefault.jpg

While it may seem a wise thing to do for local self-preservation, The Constitution of the US was made to protect the rights of all. By clamoring for and demanding that which is already part of the U.N.'s plan seems foolish and actually willingly rejecting the God given principles of freedom, and checks and balances provided by the U.S. constitution. By so advocating the secession of regions, it would appear to play directly into the playbook of the elite. Instead of unity (whether by consensus or by checks and balances against abuse) and the defense of rights, you would have disunity of all, for the safety of a few.

To wail "It has failed! The experiment is broken, and non redeemable." is to deny the hard fact that if it has failed, it is only because we have failed it first. God has not given up on this yet, let us not as well.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

"Let's flip the script on the #TEXIT question. If Texas was already an independent, self-governing nation, would you vote to join the union?"

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Looks like it might be going somewhere.
TEXIT: Texas Lawmaker Wants Referendum on Secession on the Ballot
n the shadow of an out-of-control federal government there is growing support for the State of Texas to consider secession from the United States
by FRANK SALVATO January 14, 2021
The Texit effort is slated for a major boost this week with the introduction of a bill in the Texas State Legislature that would put the question of secession into a referendum form to voters on the November 2021 ballot.
The notion of secession is increasingly being discussed across the country in the wake of what many believe was a gerrymandered election and a complete failure and abdication of the judicial system to affect justice for the American people.

Additionally, a vast majority of people are aghast that the federal government is doing nothing to secure their First Amendment rights to free speech, freedom to redress government, and freedom of association in the face of draconian censorship by Big Tech companies whose products have become ipso facto utilities in the modern age.

But in the State of Texas, talk has turned to action.

Texas State Rep. Kyle Biedermann (R), a conservative and former hardware store owner and gun dealer, says he will introduce a bill that would place a referendum on secession on the November ballot as early as this week.

Without revealing any specifics, the referendum would query whether Texas should assert its independence from the United States.

“The federal government is out of control and does not represent the values of Texans,” Biedermann wrote in emailed comments. “My office has been flooded with support from not only Texans, but like minded patriots across the country.”

If his bill advances out of committee debates and hearings, it would be put to a vote before the 150 State Representatives and 31 State Senators.

In Texas, the Legislature convenes at noon on the second Tuesday of January in odd-numbered years for no more than 140 days, thus avoiding the spendthrift policies of the federal government.

Biedermann is not alone in his want to seriously discuss a practical and legitimate way forward in the face of a transformative effort away from the US Constitution and the rule of law in Washington, DC.

Allen West, chairman of the Texas State Republican Party, floated a form of the idea after a Texas-led lawsuit aimed at holding five battleground states to their own constitutions with respect to election law was dismissed by the US Supreme Court.

“Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution,” West said in a statement immediately after the High Court Ruling.

And Rush Limbaugh discussed the idea as well, saying “I never would advocate for secession…I’m simply repeating what I have heard,” but, he said, “a sizable and growing sentiment” for secession is percolating amongst the citizenry from coast to coast following the election results.

There has been buzz about secession across the State of Florida as well, with many citizens calling on Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), to entertain the idea.
https://nationalfile.com/wp-content/upl ... 2021-2.jpg

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

TheDuke wrote: January 8th, 2021, 10:28 pm google judge Alito's treatise on secession. There are laws governing it in the constitution. A single state (other than possibly Texas) can not legally do it without a simply majority of a state convention (back to the one vote per state thing talked about for breaking a tie in electoral votes). Way I read it, some time ago, if states call a convention, and vote to allow secession, then each state wishing to secede may do so if authorized by their legislature. It would be possible, given a majority of state legislatures are conservative, while populus isn't. So, NY gets same say as ND.

anyway that is what the SCoTUS has ruled in a non-binding treatise.
There is no mention of secession in the Constitution. Conventions for the states are for amendments. No amendments are created when states are added to the union.

The states are sovereign. The 10th Amendment reaffirms that power is left to individual states. Now if you are talking about expulsion of state(s), then yes, the states would have to convene and vote.

And who cares what SCOTUS says. They are unelected individuals, who have become partisans, who can constitutionally only give opinions.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

TEXIT Referendum Bill Is Now Official
https://tnm.me/news/political/texit-ref ... w-official

#TEXIT: Texas Rep. Introduces Bill That Would Let Residents Vote on Seceding From the US
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ceding-us/

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

TNM Launches Statewide Radio Campaign In Support of TEXIT Initiative
https://tnm.me/news/tnm-news/tnm-launch ... initiative

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

ajax wrote: January 27th, 2021, 7:47 pm TEXIT Referendum Bill Is Now Official

#TEXIT: Texas Rep. Introduces Bill That Would Let Residents Vote on Seceding From the US
Yes, yes, we are all envious right now

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 27th, 2021, 8:31 pm
ajax wrote: January 27th, 2021, 7:47 pm TEXIT Referendum Bill Is Now Official

Yes, yes, we are all envious right now
Small step, but important one. Now we just need to be prepared for the inevitable accusations and mindless smears:

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Many MANY people watching this to see how it goes down. The Feds of course will try to shoot it down.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-t ... has-begun/
Writes Roger Young:

Lew,

Yesterday, the Texas independence movement took a huge step toward reality.

I’m guessing the response among the public was positive as the Texas Nationalist Movement website crashed due to traffic.

Democrats have been making a lot of noise lately about “protecting democracy.”

What’s more “democratic” than this referendum where Texans are given an opportunity to practice self-determination?

It will be interesting to watch Democrats squirm while trying to justify voting against it.

I predict they’ll fall back on their usual standby excuse- “It’s racist!”

Wish us luck!

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 28th, 2021, 7:35 am The Feds of course will try to shoot it down.
No doubt, there will be two levels of debate, the first from the zombies: racists, neo-confederates, slavery.....blah blah blah

The second the legal argument:

Here is a nice blurb from the book I linked in the OP:

Can Texas Legally Secede From The Union?
https://tnm.me/news/political/texit-is- ... -the-union

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

IF (and admittedly a big IF) TX where to go, that would be the end of the US as we know it. There's no way other red states would stay. Why would they? And possibly the left coast states, who have also considered it, may do it as well. There would probably be a crazy domino effect.

Everyone would leave except the original 13. lol

The emperor and empire has no clothes. It is unsustainable and crumbling. It is inevitable. Time to strike while the irons hot and make it as peaceful and seamless as possible.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Statewide radio ad released today:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

I approve this message

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Nice interview with Daniel Miller, president of the Texas Nationalist Movement

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Texas GOP Chair Comes Out In Favor Of TEXIT Vote (nice 1 minute video at the end of the story in the link)
https://tnm.me/news/political/texas-gop ... texit-vote
allen-west-1024x536.png
allen-west-1024x536.png (605.41 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Lieutenant Colonel Allen West, Chairman of the Republican Party of Texas, took on the issue of a TEXIT referendum on the Chris Salcedo Show and expressed his support for the vote.

In the lead up to West’s remarks, Salcedo mentioned that there are several Democrat-led initiatives to add states to the union. Salcedo wanted West’s take on the TNM’s current push for putting the issue of Texas independence on the ballot.

West stated that while he has previously said that Texas should remain in the union, he understands why more Texans are ready to see Texas reassert its status as an independent.

“The people here in Texas have a right to voice their opinions on a critical issue that they’re facing right now,” West commented.

He went on to explain HB 1359, the Texas Independence Referendum Act and reinforced the case that the TNM’s been making that it should be up to the people to decide. Citing the Texas Constitution, he made it clear that issues of this magnitude belong in the hands of the people and not just the elected class.

“I don’t understand why anyone would feel that they need to prevent people from having a voice in something that is part of the Texas Constitution… You cannot prevent the people from having a voice.”

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The italics are the words of the interviewer. There's more at the link.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... t-it-means
“There's a lot of misunderstanding about my bill, and it's not a bill for Texas, secession is what the media and so many other people are reporting,” Biedermann said to us. “This is a bill to let Texans vote on the future of Texas.”
“You're saying this is not a bill that would ultimately allow for a discussion of secession,” Simone De Alba asked the representative.

“Well, of course it would, ultimately, but that's a five-year plan at least,” Biedermann said. “And who does not want to have a discussion about the future of our country, the future of our state?”
In his bill, it reads under section 1A:

“The voters shall be permitted to vote in a referendum on the question of whether this state should leave the United States of America and establish an independent republic.”

We asked him to be clear
“This bill is not about leaving the union, this bill is about the Texas Legislature starting a plan and discussions and dialogue about the future of Texas and about our economy, and whether it's a possibility to even have this discussion,” Biedermann said.

He says this bill is a starting point
“Well, how would you reconcile a bill that begins a conversation about possibly seceding from the union? And then you go to a march in Washington about making America great again,” De Alba asked for you.

“That's right,” Biedermann said. “We want to make America great again. That's the whole point. And you only do that through peaceful protest and you only do that by exercising your first amendment rights, which includes voting also and free speech.”

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

One more quote, because I didn't know that the protest they were talking about was the same one where people were killed:
We asked about the violence that took place that day.

“There are a lot of people who might question that statement, and so any clarification you want to want to offer in that regard,” we asked him.

“Sure. The 100 people or so that cause violence, that was horrible, and totally condemned by everybody,” Biedermann said. “But being able to exercise your first amendment rights, that's something that, again, seems to be taken away from the people because they want to support President Trump and that's wrong.”

There are almost 16,000 signatures gathered on his petition. If the bill advances, Texans will vote during the Nov. 2, 2021 election.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

The Disgusting Reason That Millions of Texans Spent The Night Without Power
https://tnm.me/news/political/the-disgu ... hout-power
Texas has its own electrical grid and plenty of excess power generation capability. Yet, right now, millions of Texans are freezing in the dark. Here’s why.

Texas both produces and consumes more electricity than any other state. Texas’ abundant natural resources, including natural gas, coal, and wind, are readily available to fuel our power plants.

Texas is the only one of the contiguous 48 states with its own stand-alone electricity grid, one of the three main grids in the U.S.: the Eastern Interconnection, Western Interconnection, and Texas Interconnection. The Texas Interconnection, which covers 213 of the 254 Texas counties, is managed by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, or ERCOT. Portions of Texas near the state’s borders are covered by the eastern and western grids.

Texas produces more electricity than it consumes and maintains a buffer referred to as the “state’s reserve margin.” This margin ensures that we should never have to suffer from rolling blackouts like California.

Then why are so millions of Texans without power right now? Why are we dealing with rolling blackouts?

The answer is all-too-familiar: our relationship with the federal government.

In anticipation of this unprecedented power demand, Texas could have maxed out power generation. However, we couldn’t. Like a lowly beggar, Texas had to first ask for permission from the federal government to generate enough power to keep our people warm. Why? Because cranking up our power plants to full production might violate federal pollution limits.

There is a clear metaphor here. Texans were powerless because our elected officials ceded authority to a slow-moving, uncaring gaggle of federal bureaucrats.

TEXIT means that we never have to ask permission to do what’s best for our people.

When you are contacting your elected officials to demand a vote on TEXIT, remember that there are real consequences to us staying in the union. Right now, someone is suffering because of their indecision or opposition. That someone might be you, your family, or your neighbors.

*** UPDATE *** Click here to download the actual order from the federal Department of Energy which specifies ERCOT’s reasons for asking permission including that “…ERCOT has been alerted that numerous generation units will be unable to operate at full capacity without violating federal air quality or other permit limitations.”

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

ajax wrote: February 16th, 2021, 5:16 pm The Disgusting Reason That Millions of Texans Spent The Night Without Power
https://tnm.me/news/political/the-disgu ... hout-power
Texas has its own electrical grid and plenty of excess power generation capability. Yet, right now, millions of Texans are freezing in the dark. Here’s why.

Texas both produces and consumes more electricity than any other state. Texas’ abundant natural resources, including natural gas, coal, and wind, are readily available to fuel our power plants.

Texas is the only one of the contiguous 48 states with its own stand-alone electricity grid, one of the three main grids in the U.S.: the Eastern Interconnection, Western Interconnection, and Texas Interconnection. The Texas Interconnection, which covers 213 of the 254 Texas counties, is managed by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, or ERCOT. Portions of Texas near the state’s borders are covered by the eastern and western grids.

Texas produces more electricity than it consumes and maintains a buffer referred to as the “state’s reserve margin.” This margin ensures that we should never have to suffer from rolling blackouts like California.

Then why are so millions of Texans without power right now? Why are we dealing with rolling blackouts?

The answer is all-too-familiar: our relationship with the federal government.

In anticipation of this unprecedented power demand, Texas could have maxed out power generation. However, we couldn’t. Like a lowly beggar, Texas had to first ask for permission from the federal government to generate enough power to keep our people warm. Why? Because cranking up our power plants to full production might violate federal pollution limits.

There is a clear metaphor here. Texans were powerless because our elected officials ceded authority to a slow-moving, uncaring gaggle of federal bureaucrats.

TEXIT means that we never have to ask permission to do what’s best for our people.

When you are contacting your elected officials to demand a vote on TEXIT, remember that there are real consequences to us staying in the union. Right now, someone is suffering because of their indecision or opposition. That someone might be you, your family, or your neighbors.

*** UPDATE *** Click here to download the actual order from the federal Department of Energy which specifies ERCOT’s reasons for asking permission including that “…ERCOT has been alerted that numerous generation units will be unable to operate at full capacity without violating federal air quality or other permit limitations.”
It wouldn't be the first time the feds are behind something like this.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

This is a pipe dream. It'll never happen. I'd move there if it did, but Biden will reclaim Texas by force. Interestingly enough, there are several book written about this happening.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: February 16th, 2021, 5:49 pm This is a pipe dream. It'll never happen. I'd move there if it did, but Biden will reclaim Texas by force. Interestingly enough, there are several book written about this happening.
The new Lincoln.