The Outpost - movie

Discuss liberty related books, videos, audio, as well as downloadable resources.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

The Outpost - movie

Post by Lexew1899 »

Shows the incompetence of the US military. The movie is based on Camp Keating, where the Battle of Kamdesh happened. Two living members of the military were given the Congressional Medal of Honor for what happened.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: The Outpost - movie

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:41 am Shows the incompetence of the US military. The movie is based on Camp Keating, where the Battle of Kamdesh happened. Two living members of the military were given the Congressional Medal of Honor for what happened.
Marking to watch momentarily. :P

Speaking of medals, I have or at least I should have one for my participation in my kind of war.

That being:

A war where no one gets hurt, and it’s over in time to go to lunch. :lol:

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

If you like war movies, it’s pretty good.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 2:13 pm If you like war movies, it’s pretty good.
Darkside of the moon, right off the bat.

Taliban, too as I open it in YouTube and give it a like.

The trailer ended, but looks awesome. My basic squadron was Nic named the Blue Marines.

Full metal jacket is one of my favorite movies. :P

Slaughter house five is awesome too, especially Tralfamadore.

Maybe its included with Amazon Prime or Apple TV.

It's rate R, and stars Scott Eastwood, so likely intense.

Anyone familiar with the LunaticOutpost?

So it goes.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08BJZ8F5C wrote: The Outpost

Based on true events. A team of U.S. soldiers stationed at the deadliest outpost in Afghanistan are relentlessly attacked by an overwhelming force of Taliban insurgents. Their fight for survival is the ultimate display of American valor.
Directors Rod Lurie
Starring Scott Eastwood, Orlando Bloom, Caleb Landry Jones
Genres Action, Drama

Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.

Rent HD $3.99
Buy HD $14.99
Remove from Watchlist

Watch Party NEW Create a Watch Party to watch and chat with others.
Looks to be a worthy purchase. If anyone does a watch party then please post particulars here. ...

https://amz.onl/erGOgR0 Watching now. 8-)

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Mel Gibson’s son is in it too. Pretty funny it also has Clint Eastwoods kid.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 7th, 2021, 4:23 pm
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08BJZ8F5C wrote: The Outpost

Based on true events. A team of U.S. soldiers stationed at the deadliest outpost in Afghanistan are relentlessly attacked by an overwhelming force of Taliban insurgents. Their fight for survival is the ultimate display of American valor.
Directors Rod Lurie
Starring Scott Eastwood, Orlando Bloom, Caleb Landry Jones
Genres Action, Drama

Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours to finish once started.

Rent HD $3.99
Buy HD $14.99
Remove from Watchlist

Watch Party NEW Create a Watch Party to watch and chat with others.
Looks to be a worthy purchase. If anyone does a watch party then please post particulars here. ...

https://amz.onl/erGOgR0 Watching now. 8-)
You liked it?

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

It’s on Netflix right now by the way.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Cruiserdude wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:34 pm You liked it?
Yea, the parts I paid attention to, were great!

It had a scene about guys at war. One guy got busted in rank, but the CO said he wasn't going to cut his pay, because "guys at war, aren't in it for the money", or words to that effect. That can likely only happen in the movies. :mrgreen:

I almost went Army, but someone pulled me aside and guided me towards the Air Force. I did INS as a guaranteed job, leaving on 5/5/81. I woke up the next morning, and fell out for formation. We all stood there, shaking in our rainbow shoes The TI in a smoky bear hat strode around our quivering souls smacking an axe handle on the ground as he went. As he was instructing us, one guy near the back bust out laughing. The TI quickly got in his face and nic named him "Laughing Jack". :lol:

Later in life, another wise soul remarked the difference between Air Force and Army, was Showers and Sheets.

Aim high, it's a great waste of life, in the chair force. :P

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 9:57 pm It’s on Netflix right now by the way.
I currently haven't hooked up my TV, for 2+ years now and really haven't missed it.

Pre 1990, or thereabouts, one could be busted from Buck Sergeant to Senior Airman and both were E-4 pay grade. Anything like that in the Army, or is it like hearing sound effect isn outer space. It's not going to happen, no matter how much Hollywood attempts the deep fake :?:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Lexew1899 wrote: January 7th, 2021, 5:04 pm Mel Gibson’s son is in it too. Pretty funny it also has Clint Eastwoods kid.
Plenty over dramatic scenes, but the ballistics drive home the reality that an AR-15 is of little use against HEAVY ARTILLERY. May have missed it, but didn’t see a scene of what happens when a Warthog comes to call. Saving Private Ryan is the only realistic war movie, that I know of, but like most I wisely say No Thanks to watching beheading videos. Real violence is a double dumper load of dodo worse, than popular portrayals suggest.

Something that absolutely bears repeating is So it goes.

The bombing of Dresden was a great atrocity! :x
But don’t think for a moment, it won’t happen again.

Glensfree
captain of 10

Post by Glensfree »

They actually did it! "The Outpost" is a great book.