This seems like a secret

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Michael Sherwin
The Wickerman

This seems like a secret

Post by Michael Sherwin »

13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

We need to look at Mark to know why.

4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:
4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Ah, the famous Mormon conversion, be converted to our church and be saved! No, that is not really a thing. That is just manmade mumbo jumbo. Instead this is what God means by conversion.

19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

(I know many of you think that I do not know what I'm talking about. I just stumbled upon this as I was finishing up this post.

3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

The refreshing includes the resurrection. Our sins are blotted out when we are resurrected! Until then we are dead in our sins.)

Keeping the law of God makes an actual change in a person. No, no, no it is faith in Christ that changes us. Yes, because if we have faith in Christ we will keep his commandments, which includes the law because not one jot or one tiddle of the law will pass until all is accomplished. So conversion is mechanical in nature and is not a belief based action as it is possible to believe and not keep Christ commandments. And here lies the secret. It is also possible to believe and to keep Christ commandments and to still be one of the wicked. :shock:

This is so because those that are wicked will act wickedly unless they know the mystery of the kingdom of God. If the wicked know the mystery of the kingdom of God they can choose to keep the law and have their sins forgiven. Mystery number one. When is a person's sins forgiven? When a person is resurrected. They start over with a clean slate. Mystery number two. What is the mechanism by which a wicked person gets resurrected? By keeping the law because the following happens for them just the same as for a righteous person.

13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

It is purely a mechanical function. It is just as much made possible by the growth of the Christ Spirit in us as it is made possible by the Lord himself. The Lord only helps us.

41:14 Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

We actually have to do the heavy lifting of living right. Helping us by resurrecting us is trivial for the Lord if we have done our part.

So, Jesus taught in parables to limit the number of the wicked that are resurrected. Because, if one does not live according to the law they can lose even that which they have.

25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

We have to grow the Christ Spirit in us (measured in talents, in the parable of the talents) or what we have can be taken away and we become like the tares.

2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

Because they have no water (Christ Spirit/Holy Spirit) within them.

2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.