Yom Kippur

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Yom Kippur

Post by Pazooka »

Apparently, one does not say “Happy Day of Atonement” because it is not a day to be happy but rather to think and self-reflect. Instead, I have learned to say “May you be sealed in the Book of Life.”

My daughters and I are observing Yom Kippur for the first time, and to the best of our knowledge starting pretty much right now since the sun has just gone down. We fast until sundown tomorrow.

Just curious if anyone else is observing the Day of Atonement this year???

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: Yom Kippur

Post by Juliet »

I am still learning about it. But I feel like it is important. I liked Daniel's explanation here, and what is more, he gives a perfect rendition of the resurrection from a Book of Mormon perspective without having read the Book of Mormon.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Yom Kippur is the great Jubilee. A return to God. A return to righteousness. A return to lands of inheritance. Debts forgiven both spiritual and temporal.

This holy day is unfulfilled. Those who stand against the above, including the physical gathering of Israel... You can know with a perfect knowledge as the daylight is from the dark night that this resistance to the gathering is of the devil.
Last edited by Alaris on September 27th, 2020, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claymore
captain of 100

Post by Claymore »

To be honest, I know very little about the high holy days. I really wish that the church would make more of an effort to observe them because of the tremendous symbolism and how they would help us point our minds and hearts to Him. These aren't just secular things we should study and "know" for our benefit, they should be practiced.

I have had the pull within me to learn of them and to start practicing them along with Christmas and Easter to help me and my family come to know all the great things the Lord has done and will yet do for us.

I feel sad because all of our gentile holidays have been hijacked and have very little to do with Jesus now or are completely secular in nature with nothing to do with Him at all. No wonder the Book of Mormon refers to us as gentiles...it because we act like them.

Claymore

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Claymore wrote: September 27th, 2020, 8:32 pm To be honest, I know very little about the high holy days. I really wish that the church would make more of an effort to observe them because of the tremendous symbolism and how they would help us point our minds and hearts to Him. These aren't just secular things we should study and "know" for our benefit, they should be practiced.

I have had the pull within me to learn of them and to start practicing them along with Christmas and Easter to help me and my family come to know all the great things the Lord has done and will yet do for us.

I feel sad because all of our gentile holidays have been hijacked and have very little to do with Jesus now or are completely secular in nature with nothing to do with Him at all. No wonder the Book of Mormon refers to us as gentiles...it because we act like them.

Claymore
Have the Gentile religious days been hijacked, or did we Gentiles pretty much just adopt the idolatrous feast days and ways? For example...do you know why we have ham on Easter? It’s because the demigod Tammuz was killed by a wild boar and we’re sticking it to the boar as our last laugh. When Ezekiel was taken in spirit to the temple, he was shown the idolatry taking place there and one of the examples that he was shown was the women “weeping for Tammuz.”
I agree with you...I don’t think it’s possible for us to be any more Gentile in our ways.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Pazooka wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:42 pm Apparently, one does not say “Happy Day of Atonement” because it is not a day to be happy but rather to think and self-reflect. Instead, I have learned to say “May you be sealed in the Book of Life.”

My daughters and I are observing Yom Kippur for the first time, and to the best of our knowledge starting pretty much right now since the sun has just gone down. We fast until sundown tomorrow.

I watched this service tonight:

https://youtu.be/NpEtttcCKCM

Have you seen or heard of “The Return” that happened this weekend? Here is a short video with shofar and the priest blessing given on the National Mall. There are more videos I’m sure, it was over 10 hours.

https://youtu.be/HQTQ4tPa03w

PDrockton.M.A.
captain of 100

Post by PDrockton.M.A. »

I am of the Tribe of Ephraim. Not Judah. I don't follow any Jewish Holy Days because I am not of that lineage. When we take the Sacrament it is our Day of Atonement.

Who is being recognized as the Grear Atoner on Yom Kippur? We as Christians might say its Christ... but Jesus Christ fulfilled the Mosaic Law and gave us the Sacrament to replace it.

The same can be said of Passover etc.

New Wine goes in New Bottles.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

PDrockton.M.A. wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:31 pm I am of the Tribe of Ephraim. Not Judah. I don't follow any Jewish Holy Days because I am not of that lineage. When we take the Sacrament it is our Day of Atonement.

Who is being recognized as the Grear Atoner on Yom Kippur? We as Christians might say its Christ... but Jesus Christ fulfilled the Mosaic Law and gave us the Sacrament to replace it.

The same can be said of Passover etc.

New Wine goes in New Bottles.
The Day of Atonement is a holy day appointed by the Lord to the House of Israel, and it points to the Second Coming of Christ. As being unfulfilled, it still applies to the House of Israel and not just Judah. In the book of Acts, Paul makes reference to this day, indicating that it was observed by the Church after the fulfillment of the Mosaic Law.

When bottles (of skin, funny enough) get stiffened with age and use, it is hard to accept contents that will only cause them to stretch further.

Edit: Just have to add, because now I’m curious - - in your estimation, what holy days do we have, currently, that have been designated by the Lord?
Last edited by Pazooka on September 27th, 2020, 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abijah`
~dog days~

Post by abijah` »

ive been trying to learn more about the lord's "sacred time", and the rhythm of the calendar motions he marks out with the sabbaths and the feast days. they all draw heavily on the creation of the world, and more than this they point to the new creation to come. days 1, 4 & 7 all have to do with time it seems, and the Lord's particular manner of dividing it up. the lights in the firmament are given for signs and for seasons ("seasons" = same exact word for the feast`days)

i think that what the temple is for space, the sabbaths/feast days are for time

we keep the temple holy, because it is the Lord's own space. i certainly could do much better in keeping the sabbath holy, because that is the Lord's own time. im still learning about feast days, but in the meantime i do understand the sabbath, and it seems to me that God sets aside holy days and times for his people to LARP out like the new creation has arrived and the millennial day has dawned

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

abijah` wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:45 pm ive been trying to learn more about the lord's "sacred time", and the rhythm of the calendar motions he marks out with the sabbaths and the feast days. they all draw heavily on the creation of the world, and more than this they point to the new creation to come. days 1, 4 & 7 all have to do with time it seems, and the Lord's particular manner of dividing it up. the lights in the firmament are given for signs and for seasons ("seasons" = same exact word for the feast`days)

i think that what the temple is for space, the sabbaths/feast days are for time

we keep the temple holy, because it is the Lord's own space. i certainly could do much better in keeping the sabbath holy, because that is the Lord's own time. im still learning about feast days, but in the meantime i do understand the sabbath, and it seems to me that God sets aside holy days and times for his people to LARP out like the new creation has arrived and the millennial day has dawned
You might enjoy the work of this woman on time and the calendar and how it has been hijacked by Rome. She mentions 4 (day 4 of creation) as being an important number for time:

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

MMbelieve wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:21 pm
Pazooka wrote: September 27th, 2020, 7:42 pm Apparently, one does not say “Happy Day of Atonement” because it is not a day to be happy but rather to think and self-reflect. Instead, I have learned to say “May you be sealed in the Book of Life.”

Have you seen or heard of “The Return” that happened this weekend? Here is a short video with shofar and the priest blessing given on the National Mall. There are more videos I’m sure, it was over 10 hours.

I like Jonathan Cahn. I pick and choose from what he has to offer. I’ve heard vaguely about “The Return” but don’t lay much stock by it. Maybe I don’t understand it properly, though. What are your thoughts on that?

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Pazooka wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:50 pm
MMbelieve wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:21 pm

I like Jonathan Cahn. I pick and choose from what he has to offer. I’ve heard vaguely about “The Return” but don’t lay much stock by it. Maybe I don’t understand it properly, though. What are your thoughts on that?
I’m going to have to get back to you on that one since I have only watched the 6 min video I linked and his 45 min video video of when he spoke. From what I have been told, it was a revival of sorts based around repentance, lots of repentance.

Lykos
captain of 100

Post by Lykos »

Pazooka wrote: September 27th, 2020, 9:15 pm For example...do you know why we have ham on Easter?
Lamb on Easter is far more appropriate. And delicious, so thats what we do

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

Hm. That's interesting to ponder. I merely assumed we ate ham on Easter because it was after Easter that pig meat abstinence was lifted.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Yom Kippur and the Holy Sacrament point forward to the fulfillment of these sacred ordinances.

Zechariah 3:6 And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,
7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

The interaction between the Angel of the Lord, and the High Priest of Israel - Joshua - who stands in the Angel's place.

Hebrews 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.
3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;
4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron’s rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying,
that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

The Ark of the covenant - which covenant? The Abrahamic Covenant promises lands of inheritance and eternal increase to Israel. The Davidic Covenant promises a new God and a new Covenant between this new God and his people - Israel.

Jeremiah 32:37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

^^ This is what is meant in our sacrament prayers "that they may always have His Spirit to be with them." To this event is where our ordinance of The Gift of the Holy Ghost points and what is meant by "Receive the Holy Ghost." Receive the new God. Receive the new and everlasting covenant. That the Holy Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ may be with Israel forever.

Remember the Davidic Covenant by Jehovah to David: One will come from David's posterity. "I will be his Father. He shall be my son."

The symbols of the Ark align to the Holy Sacrament

O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it, that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his commandments which he has given them; that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
  • Bless and Sanctify this bread = The manna from the pillar of fire who is the Holy Ghost
  • Witness to be willing to take upon them the name of thy son = The budding Rod is a scepter of rule of a chosen king who rules in the name of his Father, Jesus Christ. We take upon ourselves His name by entering into a Covenant with the Davidic heir.
  • And always remember Him - Jesus becomes the Father to ascend beyond the eyes of Israel which holiest place is represented by the holy of holies where the Ark resides.
  • And keep His commandments which He has given them = The tablets of the covenant inside the Ark are the means to this end - the new and everlasting covenant.

The new and everlasting covenant made with a new King seated in judgement in the mercy seat
Ezekiel 37:21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Here are some more scriptures to remember on this high holy day

Isaiah 59:20 ¶ And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord.
21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

Isaiah 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4 He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 ¶ Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare:

An Eye Single
captain of 100

Post by An Eye Single »

I wrote a blogpost about some thoughts on Yom Kippur.

https://thewordofthelorduntome.blogspo ... t.html?m=0

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:31 am The new and everlasting covenant made with a new King seated in judgement in the mercy seat
Exactly what I’ve observed as well.

In fact, I believe Revelation 5 is detailing this transition from the one who sat on the mercy seat previously (whom Enoch calls the Lord of spirits) to Jesus, the mediator of the new covenant:

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
NOT Jesus - but someone who was slain “from the foundation of the earth” - Jesus was slain in their meridian of time. This first figure was able to loose the seals in the beginning/get things started. Jesus did not have this power at the beginning.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
THIS is Jesus, who enters the heavenly court after having wrought the Atonement, who now is able to take the book
7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Why are they “singing a new song”? This is a new type of worship. The transition from old covenant to new and everlasting
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Jesus is the Lamb and His predecessor is the Lion. “In like a lion; out like a lamb”; the Lion starts it and the Lamb finishes it. And soon the Lamb and the Lion shall lie down together.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Pazooka wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:08 pm
Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 11:31 am The new and everlasting covenant made with a new King seated in judgement in the mercy seat

In fact, I believe Revelation 5 is detailing this transition from the one who sat on the mercy seat previously (whom Enoch calls the Lord of spirits) to Jesus, the mediator of the new covenant:

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
NOT Jesus - but someone who was slain “from the foundation of the earth” - Jesus was slain in their meridian of time. This first figure was able to loose the seals in the beginning/get things started. Jesus did not have this power at the beginning.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
THIS is Jesus, who enters the heavenly court after having wrought the Atonement, who now is able to take the book
7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
Why are they “singing a new song”? This is a new type of worship. The transition from old covenant to new and everlasting
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Jesus is the Lamb and His predecessor is the Lion. “In like a lion; out like a lamb”; the Lion starts it and the Lamb finishes it. And soon the Lamb and the Lion shall lie down together.
And who is "he that sitteth upon the throne" who himself was unworthy to open the seals? The heir of the Davidic Covenant. In Revelation 11, the seventh trumpet is sounded by Michael after the two witnesses ascend and the ARK is seen in heaven. What does Michael say? "Now the kingdoms of this world ARE BECOME the kingdoms of our Lord (Jesus) and His Christ (the ANOINTED heir) and he (the heir) shall reign forever and ever." That they may always have his spirit to be with them. This is the new and everlasting covenant.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:28 pm

And who is "he that sitteth upon the throne" who himself was unworthy to open the seals? The heir of the Davidic Covenant. In Revelation 11, the seventh trumpet is sounded by Michael after the two witnesses ascend and the ARK is seen in heaven. What does Michael say? "Now the kingdoms of this world ARE BECOME the kingdoms of our Lord (Jesus) and His Christ (the ANOINTED heir) and he (the heir) shall reign forever and ever." That they may always have his spirit to be with them. This is the new and everlasting covenant.
Jesus approaches the throne of a subordinate in order to take the book? No. This is the one who had the book in the very beginning - the one over the entire work who could see the end from the beginning (obviously, because it was written before the seals were even loosed). This a Father’s Father.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Pazooka wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:52 pm
Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:28 pm

Jesus approaches the throne of a subordinate in order to take the book? No. This is the one who had the book in the very beginning - the one over the entire work who could see the end from the beginning (obviously, because it was written before the seals were even loosed). This a Father’s Father.
The throne is the throne of this world - what is the scope of the seals? This world. Jesus dominion is worlds. (Elohim's dominion is yet greater.) Greater Gods cannot condescend and approach the lesser? Does the one seated upon the throne command the Lamb?

Revelation 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

Oh man! That was rude IF that was a greater being. What is the scope of the search for one worthy where no one is found?

Revelation 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 12:54 pm Revelation 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Another fine example of where the flat Biblical earth paradigm gives the advantage. Heaven = the vaulted dome otherwise know as “the firmament,” the earth is the plane where mortal men dwell and under the earth refers to...exactly what it sounds like. So there are, indeed, beings which exist outside of these three places.
Attachments
E4403585-0990-490F-8C06-BBBD62E6A20F.jpeg
E4403585-0990-490F-8C06-BBBD62E6A20F.jpeg (701.35 KiB) Viewed 592 times

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Right - the heavens were created along with the Earth. These heavens of course don't include ALL heavens - else where was everyone standing in Abraham 3:22-28.

Also, there will be a new heaven and a new Earth. Same offices for the Gods? Of course not - else where is the eternal progression?
Last edited by Alaris on September 28th, 2020, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 1:34 pm Right - the heavens were created along with the Earth. These heavens of course don't include ALL heavens - else where was everyone standing in Abraham 3:22-28.

Also, there will be a new heaven and a new Earth. Same Gods? Of course not - else where is the eternal progression?
I didn’t quite understand your comment - so my apologies. The picture isn’t a perfect representation. But I do believe that the “sides of the north” is better translated something like “furthest extremity” of the north - just like “sides of the pit” should be maybe seen as the deepest part of the pit. Lucifer thought to exalt himself above the throne of God on the sides of the north. There are thrones upon thrones just as there are fathers upon fathers. Exaltation is to literally ascend higher through the path of procreation.

So the figure on the throne in possession of the book in the beginning was the highest throne overseeing, and in connection with, this earth.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Correct - this is also why he is referred to as "he that sitteth upon the throne." The throne is not his. This is the principle Joseph revealed in Facsimile 3 figure 1:

He that sitteth upon the throne of Adam ruling over Adam's world in relative anonymity. This is the servant of Isaiah - the angel who saves Abraham in facsimile 1, represented by the Horus falcon. This one verse in Isaiah is all of this together - the Angel of the Lord identity. The servant of Isaiah ruling in anonymity to receive his everlasting name:

Isaiah 63:12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

This is how Gods are made. This is the core message of Revelation. The Davidic Covenant fulfilled and then renewed in the New and Everlasting Covenant. What is the first promise made after John witnesses the exaltation of the messenger? (BIG hat tip to Robbinius)

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

There's that new heaven. The scope of Revelation 5 is brought into clear focus here. The one who sits upon the throne cannot ascend without the Lamb. That little colt most artists fail to depict that Jesus led into Jerusalem is symbolic of all of this - a new heir. a new God a new Covenant. Continuance. Yom Kippur. Inheritance returned and sins forgiven for the world to come.

As un unconditional inheritor, the servant - now Son - can make the same promise anew. A new and everlasting covenant. Read D&C 132 with new eyes.

D&C 132:18 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that covenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.

This verse isn't about "temple sealers" but about THE Holy Spirit of promise - the person. The individual. The new and everlasting covenant. You must join to this knew God to continue and have your relationships here continue. Period.

*Edit* Also notice the reference to sentinels who require key words to pass. What is the final key word?

Isaiah 22:23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.

Same person.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Alaris wrote: September 28th, 2020, 2:02 pm Correct - this is also why he is referred to as "he that sitteth upon the throne." The throne is not his. This is the principle Joseph revealed in Facsimile 3 figure 1:

He that sitteth upon the throne of Adam ruling over Adam's world in relative anonymity. This is the servant of Isaiah - the angel who saves Abraham in facsimile 1, represented by the Horus falcon. This one verse in Isaiah is all of this together - the Angel of the Lord identity. The servant of Isaiah ruling in anonymity to receive his everlasting name:

Isaiah 63:12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm, dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting name?

This is how Gods are made. This is the core message of Revelation. The Davidic Covenant fulfilled and then renewed in the New and Everlasting Covenant. What is the first promise made after John witnesses the exaltation of the messenger? (BIG hat tip to Robbinius)

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

There's that new heaven. The scope of Revelation 5 is brought into clear focus here. The one who sits upon the throne cannot ascend without the Lamb. That little colt most artists fail to depict that Jesus led into Jerusalem is symbolic of all of this - a new heir. a new God a new Covenant. Continuance. Yom Kippur. Inheritance returned and sins forgiven for the world to come.

As un unconditional inheritor, the servant - now Son - can make the same promise anew. A new and everlasting covenant. Read D&C 132 with new eyes.

D&C 132:18 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife, and make a covenant with her for time and for all eternity, if that covenant is not by me or by my word, which is my law, and is not sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise, through him whom I have anointed and appointed unto this power, then it is not valid neither of force when they are out of the world, because they are not joined by me, saith the Lord, neither by my word; when they are out of the world it cannot be received there, because the angels and the gods are appointed there, by whom they cannot pass; they cannot, therefore, inherit my glory; for my house is a house of order, saith the Lord God.

This verse isn't about "temple sealers" but about THE Holy Spirit of promise - the person. The individual. The new and everlasting covenant. You must join to this knew God to continue and have your relationships here continue. Period.

*Edit* Also notice the reference to sentinels who require key words to pass. What is the final key word?

Isaiah 22:23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.

Same person.
Yeah, we don’t see eye to eye on all the “him”s and who they’re referring to. And what do you think the nail in the sure place has to do with the rest of the comment? Not clear. To me, it has to do with the unutterable name and our portion in it. But, if I’m guessing right, you think that third portion of the unutterable name has to do with a second savior with specific identity rather than all of us who are to become “saviors on Mount Zion.” Am I right?