President Nelson's message

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Nathan
captain of 100

Re: President Nelson's message

Post by Nathan »

Why?

What is the cause of this great evil?

Ought you not to have done even as I commanded you, and after you had planted the vineyard, and built the hedge round about, and set watchmen upon the walls thereof, built the tower also, and set a watchman upon the tower, and watched for my vineyard, and not have fallen asleep, lest the enemy should come upon you?

And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off, and then you could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer...

And now is the time for the next verse.

Ready yourselves.

Hosh
captain of 100

Post by Hosh »

Robin Hood wrote: May 10th, 2020, 1:53 pm
SPIRIT wrote: May 10th, 2020, 1:35 pm
righteousrepublic wrote: May 10th, 2020, 12:33 pm
SPIRIT wrote: May 10th, 2020, 8:41 am

wrong
you're still also a GENTILE, and will be like all the rest of the members.
And whenever they speak of "Gentile"in the Book of Moron, THEY ARE SPEAKING ABOUT YOU !
and all the warnings and judgments that are coming on the Gentiles and the church apply to YOU !
We only get numbered with the House of Israel after we perform our saving mission toward them. **********

I love repeating myself. Even when the message is flawed? It sure is a waste of time to keep insisting on something that has little substance of fact. Members of the church are no longer Gentiles and you know that. Scripture I provided prove this fact.

ya still don't get it do ya, because you don't want to. I get it just fine, thank you! That which I teach is right on, no glitches at all.
you ARE from the House of Israel ! but for now, being a member of the church, you are also a Gentile;
and ALL the scriptures in the Book of Mormon that refer to Gentiles apply to YOU ! as well as non-members.
As most members, you fail to realize this because you do not study the book of Mormon enough. Wrong, it is because I understand their messages, that makes all the difference in the world.

HERE ! this scripture specifically shows that you are a Gentile, and also from the House of Israel.
IF YOU'RE NOT A "GENTILE", THEN WHO ? IS THIS VERSE BELOW TALKING ABOUT ? ? ?
that the gospel "THAT IT SHALL COME FORTH FROM THE GENTILES", (to the House of Israel)
and that "I WILL ESTABLISH MY CHURCH AMONG THEM" ?
CHRIST IS REFERRING TO THE GENTILES ! US - OUR CHURCH - THE RESTORED GOSPEL ! ! !

Galatians 3:27–29
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

"The principle of adoption brings those who are not Abraham’s descendants but who accept the gospel into his family. The Lord accounts them heirs of the covenant with its blessings and obligations; they become members of the house of Israel."

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... e?lang=eng

3 Nephi 21:
6 For thus it behooveth the Father that it should come forth from the Gentiles, that he may show forth his power unto the Gentiles, for this cause that the Gentiles, if they will not harden their hearts, that they may repent and come unto me and be baptized in my name and know of the true points of my doctrine, that they may be numbered among my people, O house of Israel; See here it says we become members of the House of Israel

22 But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts,
I will establish my church among them, (our church today) and they shall come in unto the covenant and be numbered among this the remnant of Jacob, unto whom I have given this land for their inheritance;

and I wonder WHO has this "fulness of the gospel of the Messiah come unto the Gentiles" that
this scripture is talking about - if it's not us "GENTILES" ! - that the gospel comes to, " and from the Gentiles unto the remnant of our seed"
"then shall the fulness of the gospel of the Messiah come unto the Gentiles, and from the Gentiles unto the remnant of our seed—"
1 Nephi 15
13 And now, the thing which our father meaneth concerning the grafting in of the natural branches through the fulness of the Gentiles, is, that in the latter days, when our seed shall have dwindled in unbelief, yea, for the space of many years, and many generations after the Messiah shall be manifested in body unto the children of men, then shall the fulness of the gospel of the Messiah come unto the Gentiles, and from the Gentiles unto the remnant of our seed

(At that day WHEN the Gentiles shall reject my gospel.
Can you reject a gift not offered you?
Only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has had the fulness of the gospel revealed to them,
so only we can reject it? )

and notice that the Lord says not IF but WHEN the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel.
Additionally, He says that He will bring the fullness of His gospel from among them.
3 Nephi 16
10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father,
I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.

11 And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.
12 And I will show unto thee, O house of Israel, that the Gentiles shall not have power over you; but I will remember my covenant unto you, O house of Israel, and ye shall come unto the knowledge of the fulness of my gospel.

Our only hope is to be numbered with The House of Israel - the Lord's covenant people.
and THAT will ONLY come after we perform our saving mission toward them.

" The Lord has ordained no salvation or plan of salvation outside of the covenant with His people Israel"

and as I've said before -

"The repentant Gentiles are numbered with The House of Israel ONLY after they
perform their saving mission toward them.
The claim that Latter-Day Saints are of the House of Israel, descending through the mingled lineage of Ephraim, though true, is thus provisional.
Whether Latter-Day Saints are of the House of Israel ultimately depends on whether they fulfill their prophetic mission"

Avraham Gileadi
"As we learn how the scriptures define Gentiles, we also understand what they teach about the role of Latter-day Saints.
The popular notion of Gentiles as non-Mormons appears inadequate when we come to realize the message of The Book of Mormon."

"So long as we think of ourselves as the "good guys" in whatever scriptural scenario we are studying, for example, we will learn very little from the scriptures.
We will not be able to apply their historical lessons to ourselves.
Most important, we will end up with only a hypothetical role or mission to fulfill, one lacking a correct idea of self-identity and purpose.
The scriptures speak of The House of Israel as well as the Gentiles in terms of both good and evil. At the root of the question of identities, therefore, is not who is good and who is bad, but rather what mission God asks us to fulfill."

(please read this)
Avraham Gileadi
"Serving as Kings and Queens of the Gentiles"
http://www.josephandjudah.com/2016/05/s ... tiles.html

this is just a small part taken from his talk.

"There comes a time in life when you have to take stock and ask yourself whether you are, in fact, doing what you came to do in this world. We read scriptures that speak of heroes and heroines who valiantly served God and accomplished miracles that saved much of humanity. Maybe they didn't do so at first, but when they awoke to a sense of who they were, they set about serving God to their utmost without the need to look back. We too seldom come to an awakening of who we are all at once because we often don't see ourselves as anyone special, and because heaven withholds its gifts from us until we finally conform our lives to God's will. But because we have implanted in us his divine gene, we are no less capable of being recreated into something like a god-magnificent and powerful-able to transform the world as did those illustrious forebears.
Thus it is with the end-time kings and queens of the Gentiles whom Isaiah predicts are to restore the house of Israel:

"I will lift up my hand to the Gentiles, raise my ensign to the peoples, and they will bring your sons in their bosoms and carry your daughters on their shoulders. Kings will be your foster fathers and queens your nursing mothers" (Isaiah 49:22-23). It is as if this passage from Isaiah acts as a lifeline that Book of Mormon prophets hold on to, knowing that God made provision from the beginning for those end-time Gentile kings and queens to save their descendants from their lost and fallen and scattered state.
For that reason, Book of Mormon prophets refer back to this passage again and again, as if to inspire those same kings and queens of the Gentiles who read the Book of Mormon to wake up and perform their saving role to the house of Israel. That role, however, has little to do with non-Israelites but everything to do with Israel's birthright tribe of Ephraim whose ancestors assimilated into the Gentiles and became "identified with the Gentiles" (Doctrine & Covenants 109:60).

* (list of things members have done, and continue to do )
"Let us additionally assume that we aren't among those same Gentiles "in Zion" (2 Nephi 28:21, 24, 32) who "are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men" (2 Nephi 28:14)-those who don't search the scriptures and repent of their error (cf. Jacob 7:23; Alma 14:1; 17:2 33:2; 3 Nephi 10:14) but who are "at ease in Zion" and assume "all is well" (2 Nephi 28:24-25). That we aren't among those who "hearken unto the precepts of men," who disallow "the power of God" in their lives and void "the gift of the Holy Ghost" (2 Nephi 28:26)-those who say, "We have received, and we need no more" (2 Nephi 28:27, 29), who get "angry" when confronted with "the truth of God" found in the scriptures when it conflicts with their "precepts of men" (2 Nephi 28:28, 31). That we aren't among those who end up denying the Lord God when his "arm"-his servant in the Book of Isaiah-"is lengthened out all the day long" (2 Nephi 28:32)."
Who the heck is talking about anyone that has rejected the gospel?

Faithful members of the church are numbered among the House of Israel, having been adopted in by being baptized, receiving the Holy Ghost, keeping the commandments, ordinances, covenants and accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ. The scriptures are very clear on this.

I don't have animosity or ill will toward the church or its leaders, so I don't appreciate being clumped, or even implied that I could be in the same mold of those that do. I am no longer a Gentile and am pleased to be adopted into the House of Israel.
as you do with everyone,
you ignore and don't even read the scriptures others post, and what others say in their reply to you,
instead of replying back with what the scriptures are saying, you continue, (despite what the scriptures say),
to keep with your opinion and your Modern - Day Mormon Mentality Mindset that "all is well in Zion".
when the scriptures prove otherwise.
but as usual, I've been wasting my time with someone that doesn't look for the truth in the word of God,
but instead follows their leader. (church leaders) instead of Jesus Christ and His words.
so I think I'm through here. I surprised I even lasted this long.

and sorry, but you're not just automatically adopted into the House of Israel
just by becoming a member. - I've already shown why.
As with everything - and in all that is mentioned in the Book of Mormon - IT'S CONDITIONAL
and when we fulfill the role as Gentiles that we are suppose to.

and "Who the heck is talking about anyone that has rejected the gospel?"
I am
because it's the church that has "rejected the fulness of my gospel",
because of their "precepts of men". (Church Leaders) and people like you that listen to them
and place them above the words of Christ.
That is why the Lord will now take the gospel from us,
and it will go back to the House of Israel.
hence - "the first will be last, and last first",
and "The Times of the Gentiles be Fulfilled".

3 Nephi 16:10 -12
and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father,
I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them.

11 And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.
********* 12 And I will show unto thee, O house of Israel, that the Gentiles shall not have power over you; but I will remember my covenant unto you, O house of Israel, and ye shall come unto the knowledge of the fulness of my gospel.
********** this is another verse showing that YOU - being a member - and the church,
are referred to as "GENTILES" !

3 Nephi 16
10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you:
At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel.. "

At that day WHEN the Gentiles shall reject my gospel.
Can you reject a gift not offered you?
Only the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has had the fulness of the gospel revealed to them,
so only we can reject it.

have we ? have we "rejected the fulness of the gospel" ?
are we as members living the "fulness of the gospel" ? is the church ?
Did the church receive and accept "the fulness of the gospel ? NO !

D&C 45:28-31
28 And when the times of the Gentiles is come in, a light shall break forth among them that sit in darkness,
and it shall be the fulness of my gospel;

29 BUT THEY RECEIVE IT NOT;
for they perceive not the light, and they turn their hearts from me because of the precepts of men. (church leaders)

30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

31 And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.
According to Isaiah we're Ephraim.
According to Nephi we're Gentiles.
Who's right?
Both

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

Now Is The Time To Prepare.

Alexander
the Great
Location: amongst the brotherhood of the Black Robed Regiment; cocked hat and cocked rifle

Post by Alexander »

righteousrepublic wrote: May 27th, 2020, 2:50 am Now Is The Time To Prepare.

Unfortunately Nelson is still entrenched in the false tradition that temple ordinances merit salvation and exaltation.

Such a talk lacks breath of life and Christ’s pure doctrine. While true he tells us to repent, the message pursuades us to focus on our works.

The beauty of the doctrine of Christ is in its purity and simplicity. Our works do nothing for us. But the mercy, grace, and blood of Christ can save. For our good works are merely a sign of the inward change that has come upon us; the baptism of fire and Holy Ghost.

Nowhere in Nelson’s talk did he mention we must be born again and saved in and through Christ by his blood and spirit in complete baptism.

The church institutional path of ‘salvation’ continues on, talk after talk. “Do your temple ordinances, pay full tithe, be a good person, and then will you qualify for exaltation in the celestial kingdom.”

heliocentr1c
captain of 100

Post by heliocentr1c »

Sephiroth wrote: May 9th, 2020, 11:51 pm
sandman45 wrote: May 9th, 2020, 11:43 pm
righteousrepublic wrote: May 8th, 2020, 12:29 pm
sandman45 wrote: May 8th, 2020, 8:12 am

No I do that is why when Brigham taught by the power of the Holy Ghost when he said father Adam is our God I felt the spirit and that he spoke truth. But for this message it was just another man spouting what politicians do, keep it vague enough to have some truths in it and wanting us to be good global citizens of Babylon ..

Don’t you read the scriptures?

Very good scriptures so what's your point? I have also read in many places not to heed to the precepts of men. For this reason I am very selective as to whom I listen to for knowledge that I can take to the bank.

There is no proof that Brigham taught by the Spirit. If he had, that which he said would have become scripture as D&C 68:3,4 tells us. I also know that scriptures are of no private interpretation or will of man.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

JST 2 Pet. 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scriptures is given of any private will of man.

See, it pays to read what Joseph Smith did in correcting many of the scriptures. So you see, I do read scriptures.
I read his words and felt the spirit. I have heard the words of modern prophets and NOT felt the spirit.

I have read the words and revelations of Joseph and felt the spirit.

I have read and listened and Even met Nelson and NOT felt the spirit
Let me guess, like everyone on the board you thought the last legit prophet was Ezra Taft Benson?
Ha. Benson was such a prophet. He was definitely a prophet. There’s no way he wasn’t a prophet. Man...Now there’s a prophet. Big time prophet right there. I mean...just a huge prophet.

Do you work for the strengthening the members committee though? I’m honestly asking.

If people think he’s a prophet shouldn’t you just try to “strengthen” them by building off that? They’re like...60% of the way there already.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

This place has obviously become inundated with New Order Mormon types and various other cynics and critics of the LDS church and its leadership. I would say faithful sustaining members have become the minority here. It wasnt always like that. My how things have changed over the years. What a shame..

Catherine
captain of 100

Post by Catherine »

Mark wrote: August 13th, 2020, 3:45 pm This place has obviously become inundated with New Order Mormon types and various other cynics and critics of the LDS church and its leadership. I would say faithful sustaining members have become the minority here. It wasnt always like that. My how things have changed over the years. What a shame..
You are absolutely correct. We were warned that there would be no fence sitters. We are definitely seeing that today. Our church is a church of hope. When Jesus returns we will have marvelous days. Until then I am having wonderful and positive experiences with my family on a daily basis. In the midst of chaos everyone can find peace and joy through the promises of the Savior.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Catherine wrote: August 13th, 2020, 3:53 pm
Mark wrote: August 13th, 2020, 3:45 pm This place has obviously become inundated with New Order Mormon types and various other cynics and critics of the LDS church and its leadership. I would say faithful sustaining members have become the minority here. It wasnt always like that. My how things have changed over the years. What a shame..
You are absolutely correct. We were warned that there would be no fence sitters. We are definitely seeing that today. Our church is a church of hope. When Jesus returns we will have marvelous days. Until then I am having wonderful and positive experiences with my family on a daily basis. In the midst of chaos everyone can find peace and joy through the promises of the Savior.
What's your definition of fence sitter?

GrinBearIt
captain of 100

Post by GrinBearIt »

I don't think you know what a "New Order Mormon" is. NOMs are your progressive left wing anything goes Mormons-there are only a few on this board who are very liberal/left-wing.

The problem is the Church has shifted to be MORE left wing than in the past-what you are seeing is conservatives or old traditionalists saying if the Church is "true", then why are it's teachings shifting from 30-40 years ago.

There are essentially 3 groups in the Church. NOMs are left-wing SJWs pushing for radical changes, traditionalists eschew those things, and the rest are "do whatever the leadership says-if the leadership said to kill a goat, I'd do it, if the leadership said to be conservative-I'd do it, if the leadership said every man go "marry" another man, they'd do it".

They are essentially in love with the idea that the Church is "true" whether or not it is in fact "true" (and when I say "true", I mean teaching true principles the way God would have them be taught).

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

SPIRIT wrote: May 6th, 2020, 7:33 pm "and assure you that wonderful days are ahead" ? ? ? 1 min. 56 sec.

President Russell M. Nelson Encourages Caution as the Church Looks Forward Amid COVID-19 Pandemic

May 6, 2020

After Christ comes betters days will surely come. ❤️

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

GrinBearIt wrote: August 13th, 2020, 5:05 pm
I don't think you know what a "New Order Mormon" is. NOMs are your progressive left wing anything goes Mormons-there are only a few on this board who are very liberal/left-wing.

The problem is the Church has shifted to be MORE left wing than in the past-what you are seeing is conservatives or old traditionalists saying if the Church is "true", then why are it's teachings shifting from 30-40 years ago.

There are essentially 3 groups in the Church. NOMs are left-wing SJWs pushing for radical changes, traditionalists eschew those things, and the rest are "do whatever the leadership says-if the leadership said to kill a goat, I'd do it, if the leadership said to be conservative-I'd do it, if the leadership said every man go "marry" another man, they'd do it".

They are essentially in love with the idea that the Church is "true" whether or not it is in fact "true" (and when I say "true", I mean teaching true principles the way God would have them be taught).
You are too narrow in your memberships views
Left out:
non participating or Less active.
Unfaithful
Prideful
Church for social reasons
Unbelieving, No testimony
Church because of social pressure
New to the gospel
False prophets

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Love wrote: August 13th, 2020, 7:36 pm
SPIRIT wrote: May 6th, 2020, 7:33 pm "and assure you that wonderful days are ahead" ? ? ? 1 min. 56 sec.

President Russell M. Nelson Encourages Caution as the Church Looks Forward Amid COVID-19 Pandemic

May 6, 2020

a... ya, right.
hardly what he meant - I mean, it's fairly obvious. (listen to what he's talking about)
Anyone could say the same thing - that " After Christ comes betters days will surely come." - of course it will.
Why do members always try to make excuses for church leaders.

oh - and I like this one.- anyone that falls for this is truly blind.
start at 26 sec.
ending with:
"have provided to keep us safe"
YA - I'LL BET !

and
40 sec.
"your safety and well-being will always be our utmost concern"

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

SPIRIT wrote: August 14th, 2020, 2:27 am

May 6, 2020
[youtube][/youtube]

a... ya, right.
hardly what he meant - I mean, it's fairly obvious. (listen to what he's talking about)
Anyone could say the same thing - that " After Christ comes betters days will surely come." - of course it will.

start at 26 sec.
ending with:
YA - I'LL BET !

and
40 sec.
Listening to President Nelson surpasses the vitriol constantly posted on this forum. I'll listen to President Nelson any day because he doesn't sound bitter, disgruntled or filled with hate, or a wolf disguised as a sheep.

We are judged according the voice we list to obey.

List

beware lest contentions arise and ye list to obey evil spirit, Mosiah 2:32.

whoso lists to obey evil spirit drinks damnation to his soul, Mosiah 2:33, 37.

every man receiveth wages of him whom he listeth to obey, Alma 3:27.

men receive their wages of whom they list to obey, D&C 29:45.

men have done unto the Son even as they listed, D&C 49:6.

the Lord will chasten transgressors in Church and do whatsoever he lists, D&C 98:21.

And listening to vitriol is not a testimony builder, doesn't increase faith or promote oneness at all. Just the opposite.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

SPIRIT wrote: August 14th, 2020, 2:27 am

May 6, 2020

a... ya, right.

start at 26 sec.
ending with:
YA - I'LL BET !

and
40 sec.
“And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;”

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Seems there's enough mocking to go around

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

SPIRIT wrote: May 7th, 2020, 8:49 am ya really sounds great doesn't it.
and like I've said before -
"If you are in a church organization which looks on world unity
and ecumenical efforts as desirable, YOU ARE IN the Whore Church,
and you will either get OUT of her, or you will be damned to hell and consumed by the wrath of a holy God. "

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54393&p=1012993#p1012993
This comment is staggering in its ignorance. Have you ever heard of Zion brother? What does that even mean to you? If ye are not one ye are not mine.. It is you who attempts to stir up contention and fracture Among church members and non members alike. So many here have fallen for your deceitful game. They echo your cynicism and contempt for the Lords church and His Prophet. It is not what the Lord taught to those who desire to follow Him. It is adversarial in its roots to attempt division and fracture thru contention and cynicism aimed at this latter day work. It is also tasteless and offensive. Please for your own sake stop these classless attacks on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :(

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Mark wrote: August 14th, 2020, 11:00 am Have you ever heard of Zion brother? What does that even mean to you? If ye are not one ye are not mine.
What does this mean to you? That only members of the LDS Church can qualify for Zion?

Please explain your position

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Unfortunately our church is joining with the Babylon system.

United Nation's agenda 2030 "Lock Step"

If you are not concerned about this, you are not paying attention.

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

Mark wrote: August 14th, 2020, 11:00 am
and you will either get OUT of her, or you will be damned to hell and consumed by the wrath of a holy God. "

This comment is staggering in its ignorance. Have you ever heard of Zion brother? What does that even mean to you? If ye are not one ye are not mine.. It is you who attempts to stir up contention and fracture Among church members and non members alike. So many here have fallen for your deceitful game. They echo your cynicism and contempt for the Lords church and His Prophet. It is not what the Lord taught to those who desire to follow Him. It is adversarial in its roots to attempt division and fracture thru contention and cynicism aimed at this latter day work. It is also tasteless and offensive. Please for your own sake stop these classless attacks on the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :(
"that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation"
Ether 8

O that ye would awake; awake from a deep sleep, yea,
even from the sleep of hell,

and shake off the awful chains by which ye are bound,
which are the chains which bind
the children of men, that they are carried away captive down
to the eternal gulf of misery and woe.
2 Nephi 1:13

21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say:
All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—
and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.

24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!
25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!
2 Nephi 28

"Please - for your own sake" Mark
wake up and read your scriptures; it's your only hope.
And instead of always just expressing feelings, and your opinion,
why don't you actually try reading and using scriptures in your comments.
Don't you think that the Word of God - words of Jesus Christ would be more important and say more,
than what either of us has to say. (using our feelings or opinions)
The scriptures say it all - try reading and using them - and HEEDING THEIR WARNINGS -
because they're there for you and me - as Gentiles - and members of the church. -
liken the scriptures to ourselves.
Nephi testified, “I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning” (1 Nephi 19:23).

and btw - why do you think that things are being stirred up. ***
"To save as many Gentiles as will come to him, the Lord calls on them before the day of judgement,
he stirs up the Gentiles in order to persuade them to repent"
*** Because there's coming a division in the church, (I think I know what side you'll be on)
and it's the only way the Lord can get us to see our "awful situation" and repent
and return to Him. (to HIM - NOT TO THE CHURCH)

A hard fact of Isaiah’s end-time scenario is that it is not those who appear to be God’s people (the church)
whom God saves in the end, but those who are rejected by the majority.
These “outcasts” suffer “reproach” and “ridicule,” are “excluded” from God’s people, and, like God’s servant who gathers them, are “despised” and “abhorred” until God reverses their circumstances (Isaiah 49:7–8; 51:7; 60:15–16; 61:7, 9; 66:5–8).
In the end, those who are excluded and betrayed by their own people, are gathered with God’s righteous remnant: “Thus says my Lord Jehovah, who gathers up the outcasts of Israel: ‘I will gather others to those already gathered’”
(Isaiah 56:3, 8).
Last edited by SPIRIT on August 14th, 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

SPIRIT wrote: August 14th, 2020, 7:12 pm

"that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation" Has little to do with the condition of our church, but has everything to do with the secret combinations that have gotten above us. It would pay to read the scriptures and figure this out instead of applying them to something entirely different.
Ether 8

"Please - for your own sake" Mark
wake up and read your scriptures; it's your only hope.
This statement and others like it found on this forum wreak of...
Pomposity
Grandiloquence
Arrogance
Condescension
Self-importance
Pretentiousness

SPIRIT
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SPIRIT »

May 6, 2020
and I thought Idolatry was forbidden.
"the making of "graven images" and "likenesses" (Exod. 20:4)
like the small statue in the video.
and those below

IMAGES
The first of the Ten Commandments prohibits the Lord's people from having "other God's before me" (Exod.20:3)
The first commandment specifies a particular kind of idol worship:
the making of "graven images" and "likenesses" (Exod. 20:4)
The Hebrew words from these posses the additional connotations of "statue" and "picture"

Exodus 20
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

It was asked by someone to add scripture to comments. Well, here it is. I hope they heed this directive and stop harassing the church and its leaders ad naseam.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:124
124 Cease to find fault one with another;....

And since Isaiah is such a hot subject on some threads, read this and weep!

Isaiah 29:20
20 For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off:

Yes, this is referencing all those that keep stirring a pot with anything they can find and just won't let up. For those with ears to hear and eyes to see, scorners will be consumed and watchers for iniquity will be cut off. It's in the book!

heliocentr1c
captain of 100

Post by heliocentr1c »

...giant eye roll....

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

heliocentr1c wrote: August 17th, 2020, 9:39 am

...giant eye roll....
Did Mark mention cynicism? Does this include eye rolls?

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

heliocentr1c wrote: August 17th, 2020, 9:39 am

...giant eye roll....
There was a time when trashing the church and its leadership was prohibited on this site. Now it almost seems to be encouraged. Spirit does it multiple times a day to the delight of many here. That is sad.